Pregnant after 35
Options

Michael Alexander is here!! My birth story...

Finally feel like I can get my head above water...what a surreal and wonderful experience the last 5 days have been!!

Here is my birth story:

After going past my 40 week mark, I had an induction scheduled for last Sunday (8/23)--so, I was induced at 40 wks 3 days...here is a summary of the day's events:

9:00 am: started on Pitocin drip.

10:00 am: Dr. arrives and breaks my water (I was only 1.5 cm dilated at the time and 50% effaced.) Within about 15 minutes, my contractions were coming very regularly at 3 minutes apart and getting progressively stronger.

1:30 pm: Contractions were getting very hard to breathe through. They were spaced about every 2 minutes...having in my head that my induction would take all day, I was reluctant to go for the epidural at this point.

3:00 pm: Nurse checks in on me and asked me if I wanted the epi...I said, yes please!! Within 5 min anesthesiologist was in my room and administering the epidural. Within 10-15 min I experienced utter relief! It was awesome! I rested comfortably...

5:15 pm: Nurse checks for dilation to see when to call Dr. back. She started to describe what changes I would see when it gets close to pushing time--such as shivering--not 15 seconds after she mentions that, my leg starts to tremble and my teeth start chattering. She checks and I am 10 cm!!! Wow!! Much faster than expected...calls in Dr. and we get ready to push!

5:40 pm: Start to push. After about 10 minutes, Dr. says cord is wrapped around the baby's neck (yikes!), so she asks me to push really hard for the next few pushes in quick succession. Two more pushes and Michael is born. Dr. frees cord around the neck without incident and we avoid an emergency cesearen (although, she did give me an episiotomy to help give him some room--that was very ouchy in the few days after birth!).  He was 8 lbs, 2 ozs and 21" long.

It was such an amazing feeling when they placed him on my belly and I could see him for the first time. I haven't been able to keep my eyes off of him since that moment. He is just perfect and me and my husband are so in love with the little guy.

If I can figure out the whole PIP thing, I'll post some pics later..of course I think he is the most beautiful thing ever, but I am also seriously biased! ;-)

Good luck to everyone who is getting close to their due dates. All I can say is that is is all so worth it in the end!! Hang in there!!

Re: Michael Alexander is here!! My birth story...

• Options
    Congrats to you!  Can't wait to see pictures of your little boy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

YAY!!! I've been thinking about you this week - congratulations on your new little love!  Can't wait to see how adorable he is. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sounds like it went pretty well-- congrats and can't wait to see some pics!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So glad you were able to check in.  Congrats on your baby boy and can't wait to see his little face!!
  • Options
    Yay!!! So happy for you!! Congratualtions! Looking forward to seeing the pics.
  • Options
    Sounds so amazing! Congrats!
  • Options
    Amazing story! I cannot wait! Congats!!!
  • Options
    Congrats! Enjoy your LO.
  • Options
    Congrats! Love the name Wink
  • Options
    I am so excited for you! CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to see pics of your new lil man!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics of your LO.
    2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Options

Congratts, I has been induced at 40 weeks and 1 day too, my experience was not as pleasant as yours. Congrats!!!Enjoy him

• Options
    Congrats! I can't wait to see him. Your LO was pretty much the same wt/length as Maddie!
  • Options
    YAY! congrats to you and your family !!!
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations!!!!  I'm glad your induction went well (mine did, too) and welcome to Michael Alexander!

Can't wait to see a pic!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Wow!  Congratulations on such a smooth induction and for your perfect baby boy!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! Isn't is amazing? I also had an episiotomy (ouch!) but I'm only 6 days post-partum and it's much better now. 800mg of Motrin every 8 hours helped during the first 4 days.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures!
  • Options
    Congratulations, he is super cute!!!  (did you just put his picture in or am I the only one that can see him?).  Glad things went well with the umbilical cord being around his neck, phew.  Enjoy your little guy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"