Working Moms

Nannies and PreSchool

Need some advice...We have a nanny and are very happy with the arrangement.  That being said, I know I need to get DD's name on the waiting list for some preschools so I'm starting the hunt.

If you have a nanny, when did you put your DC into preschool?  Did you keep the nanny on (like if your DC was in 1/2 day or part-time preschool)?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Nannies and PreSchool

• Well my situation is a bit different.  DD was in a full time preschool setting until I returned to work after #2.  Our nanny was previously one of our daughter's teachers, so while DD was no longer in a school setting, our nanny does daily curriculum with DD.

This year we have signed DD up for preschool at our church.  She will go 2 days a week for 1/2 day.  I'm doing it so that she can be back in a more formal classroom learning environment.  Since we still have DS, our nanny will remain with us and she will help do some drop offs/pick ups of DD.

• I don't have a nanny but know quite a few parents who do. They all enroll their child in preschool and the nanny does the pick-up / drop off for them.

ETA: Where do you live that you need to put your 3 m on preschool waiting lists? Yikes!

• Loading the player...
  • Our plan was to transition DD into preschool between 18-24 months of age. We wanted to find a part-time preschool and keep her with her nanny the rest of the time.

Then her nanny got pregnant and wanted to stop watching her shortly before her 2nd birthday. So that worked out fine... we found a preschool with extended care and she goes full time.

I *want* to find a nanny for the new baby when s/he comes along, and pull DD out of the extended care at her preschool. If we do that and LOVE our nanny, we'll probably keep her even when Noob goes to preschool, as DD will be starting kindergarten just a few months later and it would be nice to have help in the afternoon. We'll see how that all works out!

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"