Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Is it too early?

I have already picked out a few fabric samples and found the crib and chair I want.  Is it to early to order?  I know the crib may take 4-6 weeks and who knows about how long the fabric will take and then getting things made.  I am 12 1/2 weeks along.  Am I jumping the gun?

Re: Is it too early?

• Options
    I would go ahead and order! But, this is coming from someone who already has most of the stuff and am not ku yet! : )
  • Options
    I don't think it's too early. A lot of the furniture lines we considered actually had shipping estimates of 12-16 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think you're jumping the gun at all.  I totally understand trying to get sewing projects done and finished ahead of time.  Go ahead and get things done while you're feeling good and wanting to get them done because you may not feel like doing them later on, and you might be too busy with other things to get them done. 

I started way early on making slip covers for our glider and ottoman and I just got them finished about a week ago.  And I felt like the walls were closing in on me time-wise.  I knew that they actually weren't, but I just felt like I was pushing it with the time I had left.  Good Luck!! :)

• Options

I dont think it is too early either. My DH and I have a crib, changing table, bedding and room painted and we are still TTC.

HTH. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i know this is going to sound werid but i wish i had started earlier! considering how early my little guy came we had nothing done at all! i say might as well it will keep your mind focused and it is fun so i dont blame you for wanting to get started! i would never wish what happened to me onto anyone but the one thing i learned is that you can never be too prepared and i wished i would have started earlier! and by the time i went to order my furniture it was discontinued (i had just registered for it 2 months prior so i was pissed) i say order now!
  • Options

Thanks!!  That makes me feel better!  I am a bit of a planner..or at least in the sense of what it is I want...then I become a bit of a procrastinator.  I wish I could sew but I can't so I am having everything made so that too is at the hands of someone else.  My biggest concern in all of this is the fabric but hopefully it will be here in a few months at least.  I will soon find out.  I guess I am going to order and get started on things.  I think the crib takes a month at least.  Oh, baby..here we go..  :)

• Options

I ordered my furniture at 14w so I don't think it's too early either! I say go for it.

I bought my bedding before I got my BFP though so I tend to jump the gun. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"