Blended Families

SO fed up with her crap (LONG)

I?m supposed to be working, but I?m really at my wits end with BM right now, and I really need another vent. After the bank incident (See ? I think BM?s ?nice? phase is over ? if you?re lost) she has not answered a call from DH. She has however sent some very nice texts. She basically told him it was her insurance policy and what happened to the money for ss was none of his business. She also said that I am influencing him and it is none of my business. He screwed everything up for her and now there is no check so just forget it. Yeah, it is his business, and I?m married to him so it?s also my business. I doubt you tell your BF it?s none of his business. Since she would not answer DH left her a voicemail as to what time he was getting off work yesterday and if he did not hear from her he would assume to pick ss up at her house immediately after. No word. So he goes over after work and sure enough she is not there. BUT there is a moving truck there! Are you f-ing kidding me?? They are moving TODAY, another 15-20 further from where we live. We?re already 20-25. Yes, she can live wherever she wants, but if DH is doing the driving, and works his schedule around dropping off/picking up before/after work, then little heads up would have been decent. She told him this was also none of his business. Don?t even get me started on the fact that we picked where we lived when we moved 2 ? months ago (and I started my new job) for us to be within a certain distance of him. THEN (The story still isn?t over. Sorry.) the real icing on the cake, we get home last night and there are the papers for more cs money. She just got a brand new car, they are moving to a new house, and she just got the kid $70 shoes (yeah, different story entirely, a few days after we bought him new shoes) but she needs more money. Then (yes, another then) she sent DH a text last night about drop off time this morning, and said for him to just leave a voicemail she is in class. Now if she is actually taking classes (and finishes them) then good. But I doubt it. First of all, she works a split shift (mornings and evenings) so why wouldn?t you take classes in the afternoon? Especially since one of your kids is in school then. She has also started and quit school so many times to use the people around her. (Back story: She used to live with her dad, deal was no rent as long as she was going to school. So she would register and leave the house everyday during scheduled class time, just not go to class so she could keep not paying rent) Point being if she is taking night classes, she can?t work the evening part of her job, cutting back on her already only 20 hours a week. Meaning she makes less and needs even more cs. If she was willing to screw over her dad, I don?t think she?d hesitate to do it to DH.

We?re already not sure how were paying our bills this month with all the medical expenses from my pregnancy, but it?s off to meet with the lawyer again. I really just want to cry. Ok, I guess it wasn't that long...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SO fed up with her crap (LONG)

• What a biatch! I deal with a BM like that who is always pulling the 'none of your business' line. I don't see how they don't seem to understand if it involves his kids then it absolutely is DH's business. She should have told your DH that she was moving, she's legally required to provide him with that address. Sounds like she just like controlling the situation and she was pissed because DH didn't do what she wanted to so now she is going to be like this. That insurance money was probably for her big move or for her attorney, I'm sure it wasn't going to SS. Sorry dear, hope you guys don't get stuck paying more CS.
  • I?m so sorry. She is such a nightmare.

How can she ask for more CS?  Did her income or DH?s income change???  The CS is just a formula and if those two things didn?t change, why would she think she?s entitled to more??

I?m so very sorry. *hugs*

• Loading the player...
  • Oh, wait.  And she?s obligated to notify you with a certain number of days of moving or DH can file something in court. That?s in your CO, right? It?s in ours.  Get her in trouble for this!  What a bioch to move his kids and not even bother to tell him!!

• imagethewhitz:

I?m so sorry. She is such a nightmare.

How can she ask for more CS?  Did her income or DH?s income change???  The CS is just a formula and if those two things didn?t change, why would she think she?s entitled to more??

I?m so very sorry. *hugs*

Yes, his has. When it was first established he was going to school full time, so only working parttime. He graduated in Dec and started working full time in Jan. Plus like I mentioned if she cuts her hours even more for school that will make a bigger difference in their incomes. She will get more, no questions there.
  • Ick, I would be so fkin furious with her, what a witch?

In regards to CS, she will only get what she is entitled to.  So if your DH has been 'under paying' since he graduated in Jan you can hardly blame her for looking to adjust it.

• imagePhantomgirl:

Ick, I would be so fkin furious with her, what a witch?

In regards to CS, she will only get what she is entitled to.  So if your DH has been 'under paying' since he graduated in Jan you can hardly blame her for looking to adjust it.

Yeah, I can understand that. I've never been one to say he should get nothing. It takes money to raise a kid, and it's his kid too. But what irks me about that is DH has ALWAYS asked if there is anything ss needs just say so and we will get it. (New shoes, diapers, etc) Never once has she taken him up on this offer saying ss has more than he needs. And like I mentioned, we bought new shoes a few weeks back, then she goes a couple days later and bought him $70 shoes (or at least thats what I found them for online, but again he's 2 1/2). It's not like DH (and myself) aren't willing to help out if there are other things he needs. And if it was just her asking for more money because she wasn't comfortable coming to us for things, then that would be fine too. But when you mix it with everything else that's been going on...it proves she's just a money hungry witch.

• imagehterry85:
    imagePhantomgirl:

Ick, I would be so fkin furious with her, what a witch?

Yeah, I can understand that. I've never been one to say he should get nothing. It takes money to raise a kid, and it's his kid too. But what irks me about that is DH has ALWAYS asked if there is anything ss needs just say so and we will get it. (New shoes, diapers, etc) Never once has she taken him up on this offer saying ss has more than he needs. And like I mentioned, we bought new shoes a few weeks back, then she goes a couple days later and bought him $70 shoes (or at least thats what I found them for online, but again he's 2 1/2). It's not like DH (and myself) aren't willing to help out if there are other things he needs. And if it was just her asking for more money because she wasn't comfortable coming to us for things, then that would be fine too. But when you mix it with everything else that's been going on...it proves she's just a money hungry witch.

O definitely, and let me tell you I am way better at playing devils advocate for others.  If this was what I was currently dealing with I would not be handling it so well!!!

• Sorry, but she's whacked.  If her decisions affect the kids, then it IS his business.

PHOTOS REMOVED

• I would suggest looking up what the relocation laws are in your state. I know that in WA state, if the child is moved outside of the school district, the custodial parent has to notify the other parent 60 days prior. And the other parent has time to object to the move or have visitation, etc, revised because of it.
  • She is detestable. I will say that if the door has been opened for court and dealing with CS, I would bring up as much dirt on her as you have. If she is withholding SS, bring that up. She is legally obligated to provide you with an address, bring that up. Anything else - the bank and money issue, bring that up. You are married to DH, right? A marriage is considered a significant life-change and can affect custody. See if you can opt for more or primary custody.
  • Maybe it's wrong or mean of me or the way I was raised but...I think if you arent trying to work, and make enough to take care of yourself and a child, then you should get LESS CS. Why should 1 parent have to work their A** off and the other just coast through life? I freakin HATE that..sorry, goin through kind of the same thing :) FI and I are in the army, and can't afford to get out because of BM. Kinda peeves me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"