Kentucky Babies
Options

RP- What to do in Louisville?

On the off chance that someone on this board will see this... I have until October so you never know... Here's what I posted on the Cinci board:

I am so excited... my BF from HS just facebooked me and asked if I wanted to meet up in Louisville - she lives in Nashville.  I haven't seen her in a few months and I am so excited!  We're going to meet on a Saturday in October.

My plan is to leave really early in the morning and meet her before lunch.  So we'll need somewhere to eat lunch.  And I'll be bringing Cecelia, so I'd like to go to a fun place for a one-year-old in the afternoon.  And then we will go out to dinner and then I'll drive home once it's time for her to go to bed, probably around 8:00.

Any suggestions for some fun and not too expensive places to eat and play? 

Re: RP- What to do in Louisville?

• Options

I live in Louisville, so thought i would try to help ya out! 

as for eating, Louisville is a great city for eating out, there are a lot of cool local places, chains, and all types of food and price ranges.  its hard to recommend just one place.  what part of the city will you be in?  what kind of food will you be wanting?  price range?  a place i always recommend to visitors is Lynns paradise cafe, its really funky and eccentric, a fun atmosphere, kid friendly, and really good food.  its a little on the expensive end though, but not crazy - lunch and dinner would be in the mid teens per person....and brunch there is very yummy.   

as for a fun place for kiddos...there is always the louisville zoo, which in october will be decorated for halloween.  actually now that i think about it the halloween party will be going on in october and the hours are a little different, i think it closes during the afternoon on weekends in october and reopens for trick-or-treating around 4 or so.  its really fun, not scary at all.  other than the zoo, if you wanted to venture up to southern indiana you could go to hubers family farm and pick pumpkins.  there is a lot for little ones to do and see there, but its usually very crowded weekends in october.  its about 20-30 miles away from downtown louisville.  there is also the childrens science museum, although i am not sure how interested a 1 year old would be in that....there is waterfront park which is a free option, there are several playgrounds there and open space to run around.  its a fun place to just stroll around.  there are lots of city parks that are nice too.  also i am sure there will be some kind of festivals going on around town on any given weekend in october.  

hope this helps!   

TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
    BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"