Minnesota Babies
Options

Anybody ever have their door broken down by SWAT?

'cause I did.

Today while DH and I were at work, the police/snipers needed to get into my attic/onto my roof to get a better angle at my crazy neighbor's house while he resisted arrest for threatening a city official with a gun. My immediate neighbor has a key, but apparently lost it or didn't check with her first.

They left a card with a case number on it, and screwed our door back on, but it's completely broken. Will someone pay for the door/frame? Does anyone have a police connection that knows anything? We called the number on the card and left a voicemail, and the non-emergency number which gave us the Criminal and Civil Attorney's office phone numbers. Is there anything else we can do?

Lastly, one of the cops BLEW UP our toilet while they were here, too. Awesome. 

Re: Anybody ever have their door broken down by SWAT?

• Options
    That sucks!  I would assume that they would since they damaged your property and left a contact.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options

I would also think they'd replace it. I'm sure if you call those numbers and ask you can get more info.

And do you mean "blew up" your toilet as in shattered it to pieces or, erm, used it a little too much and didn't clean up after themselves?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJessie0706:

And do you mean "blew up" your toilet as in shattered it to pieces or, erm, used it a little too much and didn't clean up after themselves?

Heh. The latter.

A police officer came to our house to check on the door last night after I posted. He said that he would sent some from Inspections out to see what they could do about the door. 

It still sucks. I'm so ticked at the douche across the street for doing this. 

• Options
    imageSuchaPayne310:
    imageJessie0706:

Heh. The latter.

A police officer came to our house to check on the door last night after I posted. He said that he would sent some from Inspections out to see what they could do about the door. 

It still sucks. I'm so ticked at the douche across the street for doing this. 

That is really, really gross.... You'd think they'd have the decency to clean up after themselves as best they can. I mean, it's someone's HOUSE, not a public bathroom! Yuck. Sorry you had to deal with this! I'd be upset with the neighbors, too!

• Options
    imageSuchaPayne310:

hold the phone. that is unbelievably rude.  i mean, sorry about your door and all, but what professional does this? i'd call their supervisor and rip them a new one.

• Options
    imageMatsifloxacin:
    imageSuchaPayne310:

hold the phone. that is unbelievably rude.  i mean, sorry about your door and all, but what professional does this? i'd call their supervisor and rip them a new one.

Ooh, that's a good idea! I'd have to second that recommendation!!

• Options
    They did leave a copy of the search warrant, right? I just thought of this after my husband mentioned it, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to bust into your house without one.... Sue-able, even.
  • Options

Matis: Girl, trust me, I've been calling everyone at the City and the Police department I can think of. AND we took pictures. I've sent copies to the officer who left his card, and we're bringing them to a neighborhood meeting tomorrow- where my neighbors and I are gonna wail on the cops. 

Jessie:  They didn't need a search warrant, as they weren't really searching our house, they just needed access to our attic and when they couldn't get a clear shot, they proceeded to get on my roof. I'm about 90% sure that they rifled through some things in our attic when they went up there, but we took pics of everything before we touched anything.

Also, the police inspection guy said that we had to contact Human Resources...their Tort Liability department. A few lady cops who were outside yesterday said that we shouldn't look forward to receiving a dime from the city any time soon.

And to top it all off, the douche across the street is back home, holding court in the street with all the trashy people in my neighborhood, claiming to not remember anything of the entire incident.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"