Cincinnati Babies
Options

feeding schedule/formula ?

Ok, so Natalie has been STTN since 1 month (July) and now I am back to work. Previously she would fall asleep around 11-12pm and then wake up around 7-8am. Last week I got her up at 6:30 every morning to feed her before I left for work. Then she slept again until 9ish per DH. So, over the last few days she has been waking up at 4am and then is super fussy and wont really go back to sleep for DH. I should add that she is falling asleep a teeny bit earlier between 10 and 11pm.  Also, I've noticed she is taking in more oz over the day as well. Before she was taking an avg of 24-27 oz per day now we are getting closer to 28-30 oz per day. The pedi said to wait to give her cereal until she was taking 6 oz consistently. The thing is she isnt on a schedule with eating and just dabbles over the day. I dont think we will ever get to 6 oz in one sitting. I am wondering--week 13-growth spurt?/ ready for cereal because I think she is waking up really hungry. Any experience with this...I'd love to get her STTN again.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: feeding schedule/formula ?

• Options
    I am thinking it's a growth spurt.  Let it go for a few days and see how her eating goes.  If it drops back to what it was previously, she'll probably sleep better as well.  I personally agree with the pedi on not giving her cereal yet, she's pretty young.  But, that's just me.  Good luck!
  • Options

I agree, it could be a growth spurt or it could be that she is getting hungrier.  We give Oliver 6oz at every feeding.  He takes 6oz every 3 hours & goes to sleep around 9pm & sleeps until at least 7am most of the time, sometimes he'll go back to sleep & sometime's he'll be awake for 1.5hrs & then nap.  I also wouldn't start cereal yet, we start at 4 months.

Michelle

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Probably a growth spurt. Unfortunately sometimes they go through these bouts where they wake at odd times and don't want to go back down. It's hard, particularly when you're used to them sleeping!

I'd hold off on the cereal a bit longer also.

image Ready to rumble.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"