Orange County Babies
Options

In-home vs. center daycare

Hi all,

I don't 'post often, but always get really great responses when I do.  I am in the process of researching childcare options for when  I have to go back to work this winter.  I have looked at a couple of in-home daycares because I was sure that was what I wanted.  Well, with my fickle pregnancy brain, I'm starting to second guess myself and have emailed my local Kindercare to get more info.  Are there any insights or resources that can help me see the differences between in-home and center daycare?  Any opinions would be great!  Thanks!

Re: In-home vs. center daycare

• Options
    My good friend uses in home care. It is definitely a lot cheaper than a daycare. The biggest issue though is that many are not licensed and do not have CPR. Some do. Also she has had problems where the caregiver's children have been sick so she has had to take the day off of work.
  • Options

We have DD in an in home daycare.  We found her through the CHSC referrals.  The service offers referrals for licensed in-home and daycare centers, preschools and background checks for the providers on their list.  
    Depending on where you are in OC, here are the numbers:
    Call 714-543-2273
    South Orange County
    Call 949-364-6605 
    Find more info here.  HTH!

forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"