South Florida Babies
Options

OML! She will be 2 this time next month.

Surprise My little "baby" will be two years old a month from today. Holy crap.

I put baby in quotes because she does not seem so babyish to me anymore. I have a full blown little girl on my hands. Yesterday on the way home, she was upset about something (don't remember what) and she told me, "Mommy, I am not happy!" Full freaking sentence.

Next month 2 years old....next year 13 years old. Lord help me. :) I love my little girl! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OML! She will be 2 this time next month.

• Options
    Wow! Time has flown by! I can't believe she is almost 2!! How are the party plans going?
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

The plans are coming along. I just know way too many people. I tried to keep it "small" but its really hard. She has her friends at daycare then there are my friends and our family. The guest list got out of hand very quickly. We are going to need A LOT of pizza...... Hmm

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    awww sophie is getting so big! gotta start prepping for her bday!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Can you please pass the tissue! I can't believe Sophie will be 2! TIME PLEASE PAUSE! It just feels like yesterday you were showing us pictures of her lady bug theme party! What's the theme/ plans this year!?

I'm in the same boat planning Gaby's 5th birthday...and like you the planning has begun and the list can't get short! She's too popular....like you said LOTS AND LOTS of PIZZA!

• Options
    *sniff* I remember meeting her when you guys were still in the hospital and I was very pregnant and was afraid of holding a newborn. I can't believe she's gonna be 2 and Mikey is right behind her not even a month later. *sniff* for both of us mommies!
  • Options

Wheee!! Congrats on your BIG girl!  I can't believe you're little munchkin is already turning 2!! And full sentences already....oy vey!! How does a 2 year old even know that something doesn't make her happy??!! LOL

• Options
    Ditto Sam!! I remember meeting her in the hospital like it was yesterday!!!!!! I can't believe she's almost 2 already!!!!!!!!!
    image image

• Options

It's really hard to believe how fast time flies by.  We really need to slow it down and enjoy every single moment.  You have a BIG girl now...you know that old saying,"Terrible Twos"...I don't agree with it.  Being two is amazing - they are talking more, running, learning, asking questions, all fun!!  Enjoy!

• Options
    imagemelly&jimmy:

you know that old saying,"Terrible Twos"...I don't agree with it.  Being two is amazing - they are talking more, running, learning, asking questions, all fun!!  Enjoy!

I agree, Melly! I think The terrible twos have turned into an excuse. Do I have a tantrum throwing, horomonal girl at times? Of course. But this is not new and if if I don't face it head on now without blaming it on the age it will then be the terrible threes, fours, fives, etc............. :) I LOVE THIS AGE! She is just blossoming. Such a little person. I can actually have conversations with her and just love her to pieces.

• Options

I cannot believe it! I feel like we were just celebrating her first!  Girls are awsome and terrible twos are all in the head, I totally agree that if you nip it, you will save yourself the drama at four, five, and six, etc.

sneak peak and what's to come in the next year:

Charlie wanted her hair blow dried and ironed last night, after bath time... upon request...=[ I love my curly haired girl, but also like to do little things that make her happy! I was so torn, but complied =/

She now wants to role play and even includes me and Richard in corresponding roles.  For example, last night when her hair was straight, she looked in the mirror and commented how much she looks like Grace, my little sister, and for the rest of the night I had to be "Jeema", my step mother and Grace's mom, and Richard had to be "Abuelo" LOL

Because you mentioned Sophie doing something similar: today she was standing in the corner of our family room pouting and I was deliberately ignoring her behavior, since it was due to the fact that I was not allowing her to watch TV first thing in the morning, and when she noticed that I was not paying her any mind, she yells accross the house to where I am in the kitchen making breakfast, "Mommy, look at me! I am SO sad!" =] haha

the best is yet to come :D

• Options

I cannot believe she said a FULL sentence.  What a BIG girl!!! Yep....even though in your eyes, she will always be your lil "baby", she's turning into a BIG girl.  I think every year is bittersweet for parents...b/c even though you will miss their baby-ness, there is soo much new things to learn & new adventures to look forward too. 

Mel- enjoy every second of it!!! This is the best stage for kids.  My niece is a trip...she's turning 3 in a month.  This past year has been FULL of laughs with her. 

And I agree w/you ladies...no such thing as terrible 2's.  Kids are always going to test the boundaries at any age.  Hello...think back when you were in highschool.  Yep...testing boundaries was very common. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"