Pregnant after 35
Options

Swine Flu Vaccine Poll!

Whos' got it? Who's gettin' it? Who's not?

I'm going to talk to my OB.  I didn't get the regular flu shot last time and she didn't mention it.  I'll just go from there. WWYD?

[Poll]

Re: Swine Flu Vaccine Poll!

• Options
    DH and I were just talking about this this morning.  From what I heard, the vaccinne is a two dose thing, and should be available starting October?  I'm due in November, and I don't work in close contact with others.  I just don't know yet...will have to disucss with my OB.  But then my next question will be since my LO is due in November, can/should infants get the vaccine?  I'm in Florida, so the flu doesn't typically hit as harshly as it does up north, but I'm still kinda nervous more so for LO than me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have received the flu shot the last 4 years due to pregnancy & having a toddler.. if my doctor & son's pediatrician recommends it I will get it.  But I won't be pregnant anymore by then ; )  I will definitely be getting the flu shot!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was just thinking about this.  There is a report on Yahoo and the number of people they are estimated to contract the swine flu is really high.

I'm on the fence and will talk to my Dr at my next appointment.

• Options
    I really would prefer not to get it. I will see what my dr. says.
  • Options
    I am due Oct. 2 but my husband & I will both get the vaccine asap.
  • Options

I'll be getting it. It looks like the risk of getting swine flu are ever increasing and it can be devastating to a pregnant woman. Plus, if I have the antibodies I can pass them on to my LO. 

Since vaccine will contain the same ingredients as the regular flu vaccine, for me any risk from the vaccine seems much much lower than the risk of catching swine flu and the consequences of that.

• Options
    The vaccine won't be out til I am due. We'll just follow whatever the ped recommends.
  • Options

DH and I have discussed this a lot.  My OB says he wants more info on the vaccine before he'll recommend pg women getting it.  With the Swine flu vaccine in 1976 causing guillian barre syndome in some of the people who took it and the drug companies rushing to get it on the market this year, I'm not 100% sure I feel comfortable getting it.

Will def be getting the regular flu vaccine though.

• Options
    i'm not due until Feb, so i'll be right smack in the middle of flu season.  i don't WANT to get it, but will see what OB says.
  • Options

Jenn is spot-on in bringing up the flu outbreak of 1976.  If you read up on it, it sounds a lot like this outbreak and the frenzy/hype it has created. 

I'm due early Nov, so not sure yet what we'll do.  I will be a SAHM, but hubby travels/flies a lot for work.  But he'll be home the entire month, so even his exposure will be limited in the early going.

• Options
    I'm talking to my Dr.'s this week about it.  I'm a substitute teacher and will be coming in contact with a lot of different people, but I'm still weary of a vaccine that is so new.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagecarladillon:
    DH and I were just talking about this this morning.  From what I heard, the vaccinne is a two dose thing, and should be available starting October?  I'm due in November, and I don't work in close contact with others.  I just don't know yet...will have to disucss with my OB.  But then my next question will be since my LO is due in November, can/should infants get the vaccine?  I'm in Florida, so the flu doesn't typically hit as harshly as it does up north, but I'm still kinda nervous more so for LO than me.

I heard last night on the news that infants don't get flu shots under age 6 months. If you think you're going to be around people in high-risk, which you said you're not, they recommend you getting it. If your LO will be in d/c, hopefully your providers will get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"