Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Anyone have Verizon Fios

Trying to set up our cable/ internet/phone.  What are your thougts on it if you have it or have done any research on it?   Thanks

Re: Anyone have Verizon Fios

• Options
    We've had it for two years and love it!  DH had a hard time getting someone out to install something a few months ago, but other than that we haven't had any major issues.  We just have fios for tv (with HD and DVR) and internet.  We don't have a landline.
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options

We have it, and love it.  Our internet and wireless internet is super fast.  We haven't had any problems with it at all.  We don't have fios TV, because no Sunday Ticket - for football season.  If it wasn't for that we would go with Verizon for sure. Directv suuuucks IMO.

ETA - we don't have landline either. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have it and love it.  It was already installed in our house, so when we got screwed over once again by TWC we switched.  Haven't looked back either, and their customer service is great.  We do have to have a landline though, due to our alarm system, but we never use it and no one has the number except the police station, the alarm company and Verizon.  We couldn't be happier with it.
  • Options

I have it for internet, cable, and phone (alarm landline). For the most part it is great.

My only complaint is Verizon customer service. There is a glitch that causes our DVR to freeze randomly and then there is a whole process of unplugging this and that blahblahblah. They have told us what they need to do to fix it and for the past 3 years every couple of months they send us the wrong thing. They have never offered anything to compensate us for the inconvenience of the hours on the phone and the time spent returning the equipment they keep sending. At one point they actually charged us for a month of an extra box because we were too slow to return the 10,000th wrong thing they sent.

So that is the longest complaint ever.

• Options
    imagemikey&amie:

We have it, and love it.  Our internet and wireless internet is super fast.  We haven't had any problems with it at all.  We don't have fios TV, because no Sunday Ticket - for football season.  If it wasn't for that we would go with Verizon for sure. Directv suuuucks IMO.

Verizon doesn't have a football package?  Damnit I guess we are stuck with DirecTv, you are right Amie they suuuuckkk!    We were thinking about switching when it gets offered in our area. 

The sacrifice we make for football LOL. 

• Options
    imageflygeah:
    imagemikey&amie:

Verizon doesn't have a football package?  Damnit I guess we are stuck with DirecTv, you are right Amie they suuuuckkk!    We were thinking about switching when it gets offered in our area. 

The sacrifice we make for football LOL. 

No :(  Sunday Ticket is exclusive to DTV. It sucks.  DH and I said that if it wasn't for that, we would switch in a heartbeat!
  • Options
    We have it and are pretty happy with it, especially since they knocked our rate down to $75 (pre taxes) for internet and cable (no land line here). We were paying close to $100 and were going to ditch it for something cheaper, but then they gave us some sort of "customer appreciation" deal, so see if you can get that off the bat.
  • Options
    Oh man, no Sunday ticket.  I guess we'll just be using it for phones and internet :(  DH would not be happy without the sunday ticket.  Thanks for all your input.
  • Options
    We do and have been really happy with it. We also have the triple package (phone, internet, tv), but we don't ever use the phone. There have been a few times that the dvr/tv box has messed up, but they've been super helpful each time and have fixed the problems remotely.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We've had it going on 3 years.  Loved it when we were in the apartment and still love it but since we moved a few months ago we've some issues with our cable.  It blacks out for no apparent reason for about 10 to 30 seconds and then it comes back on.  They've sent techs out and they cannot figure it out.  I say we need a new box but because it's "brand new" they don't want to replace it.  So I still call 3 times a week to complain about it in the hopes that they will finally get the point.  Also...when we moved our plan changed and HBO and stuff got thrown in there for free...except it wasn't free...they charged us for it.  They won't take off the charge, you pay it and then that amount is credited to your account.  Shady if you ask me.  But, Verizon IMHO is heck of a lot better than Time Warner.  At least my internet is super fast.  I think that if you went with Verizon you'd be satisfied...just be on top of things when it comes to billing...but that's with just about any cable company these days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We have it and love my only complaint is customer service. 
  • Options
    We have it and I do prefer it over Directv but I am a little piiissed at them right now b/c my router has been out since we got back from vacation on Saturday and we still don't have a new one.
  • Options

imageamanda7207:
    We have it and I do prefer it over Directv but I am a little piiissed at them right now b/c my router has been out since we got back from vacation on Saturday and we still don't have a new one.

Mine went out and they overnighted me one.  I got it in two days. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"