Minnesota Babies
Options

Cost of nanny?

I have a girlfriend who lives close to me and is due just 2 weeks after me. We've been talking about hiring a nanny to share for at least the first year after the babies are born when we go back to work. Does anyone have any recs on where to start? Any tips? And also the average cost of a full time nanny for 2 infants? From what I've seen, it averages between $400-500 per week. Any advice is appreciated!!

Re: Cost of nanny?

• Options

I used to work at "Above and Beyond Nannies" and the were a very good company to work for! Very honest and do lots of stuff on the people they'd be hiring out! Not sure how much they charge for taking care of newborns, but they'd be worth looking into!

Here's their website:?https://www.aboveandbeyondnannies.com/

Let me know what you find! :)?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I also used to work for a nanny service called Loving Care, LTD. They do the background checks and thorough interviews for you, and have high expectations for their nannies! They are real sweethearts over there, and if you looked them up and gave them a call I'm sure they would be good at advising you as to how much to ask for.

One other thing- I believe that as a family you pay a premium to the nanny agency for placing a nanny with you. Another route is to set up a profile on a website like enannysource.com and then search for a nanny yourself. But if you do that then obviously you would have to do the background checks and check references yourself as well. But if the budget is tight, and you have some extra time, I would probably go this route.

Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much!! I will keep you posted what I find :)
  • Options
    I was a nanny for a year and a half. I created a profile on nannies4hire.com. The family I worked for found me on there.
  • Options
    you could also browse care.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"