San Diego Babies

sharp mary birch

Hi there.  I am new here and I am expecting twins early next year.  Because they are identical, I am considered high risk and I will need to deliver at Sharp Mary Birch.  Have any of you toured the hospital or delivered there?  What are your thoughts on it or what was your experience like?

Thanks!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: sharp mary birch

• I did not deliver there, but I highly recommend the breastfeeding shop at this hospital. They sell all kinds of pumps, nursing bras, nursing tanks, etc. and have LC that work there so you can get help. They have a scale to weigh your baby and a support group that meets there too.
  • I witnessed my SIL's 3rd delivery there.  The hospital was very nice in regards to accomodations.  The doctor, Dr. Blake was HORRIBLE and only one of the 3 nurses that shifted through during her stay was nice.  The other two were rude and rough.  The baby was taken away from mother for jaundice and put under lights where they gave him formula without asking the mother first.  Just make sure you're very demanding with your concerns and have a plan.  Make sure they ask you first before they do anything as they like to put whatever they can into you once you've got the iv in.  Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • I will deliver at  Sharp Mary Birch in October.  We recently took a Childbirth Preparation course there and we were able to tour the hospital.  They have private rooms (on a 1st come, 1st serve basis) and shared rooms (2 moms share 1 entry way/ pod-like).We toured triage and Labor & Delivery.  L&D looks exactly like a regular room.  My BF and SIL both delivered there twice and had only good things to say. 
  • I gave birth to Isabelle there 5.5 years ago and will deliver this one there in November.  I've also had 3 close friends give birth there and was there for two of their deliveries.  The nurses are AMAZING!  The birthing rooms are very big (I had 3 girlfriends, my Mom & my husband there with Isabelle as well as all the nurses and my doctor and we had plenty of room).  I was given a private room and it was small, but it worked.  I sent my husband home on the second night because he was getting no sleep on that little chair/couch thing at all.  The only bad experience I had there was with the lactation consultant.  She was very rough and as a first time Mom and breastfeeder, I really could have used someone a bit more sensitive.  None of my girlfriends had the same experience, they all rant about their lactation nurse(s).  All in all I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.  My OB only delivers there and she's fabulous (Dr. Lorraine Stanco).

Good luck!!

• imagesandiegobride07:

I gave birth to Isabelle there 5.5 years ago and will deliver this one there in November.  I've also had 3 close friends give birth there and was there for two of their deliveries.  The nurses are AMAZING!  The birthing rooms are very big (I had 3 girlfriends, my Mom & my husband there with Isabelle as well as all the nurses and my doctor and we had plenty of room).  I was given a private room and it was small, but it worked.  I sent my husband home on the second night because he was getting no sleep on that little chair/couch thing at all.  The only bad experience I had there was with the lactation consultant.  She was very rough and as a first time Mom and breastfeeder, I really could have used someone a bit more sensitive.  None of my girlfriends had the same experience, they all rant about their lactation nurse(s).  All in all I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.  My OB only delivers there and she's fabulous (Dr. Lorraine Stanco).

Good luck!!

Thank you!   My RE actually recommended Dr. Stanco (she's also a Perinatologist) and she is next on my list if the Peri I am seeing tomorrow (Dr. Daneshmand) doesn't work out.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

• My best friend is a labor &delivery RN at Sharp Mary Birch. It's awesome cause I get the inside info on their doctors. I've never had a perinatologist but she gushes about?Dr. Daneshmand?ALL the time. ?All the nurses LOVE working with him.?

• Oh wow I was I was thinking of using dr. daneshmand as well! any tips did you like him?
  • I just delivered my little girl in June at Sharp Mary Birch, and Dr Daneshmand was my doctor.  I lost my first baby at 5 1/2 months, so I was high risk this time.  Dr Daneshmand is a wonderful doctor!  I was able to keep my pregnancy to the end because of him!  I can't say enough about him.

Sharp Mary Birch is a great place to deliver.  I was there both times, and for a myomectomy, and the nurses were great.  You can ask for a private room when you deliver, but it just depends on availability.  They give first priority to C-sections. 

Good luck!

• Thanks, ladies.

I love, love, love Dr. Daneshmand.  He is the perfect doctor for me because he is sensitive to what I have been through with my IVFs and early losses.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"