D.C. Area Babies
Options

Dear post-pregnancy hair...

Please stop falling out. Seriously, please? Each time I think I've pulled out enough, another *clump* comes out. I knew I'd lose a little, but all of you?

Sincerely,

Balder-by-the-day BabyHatch

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Dear post-pregnancy hair...

• Options
    I totally feel your pain...the worst for me was right around the beginning of the 4th month. It's still falling out, but not quite as bad as it was. But I still feel like I barely have enough hair for a pony tail anymore! And also, I did NOT love having to wrestle with my shower drain last week to pull out the rodent sized ball of hair that had somehow formed underneath the metal piece that it suppose to catch the hair on top. Grody, grody, grossness...
  • Options

Bh, I feel like I could have written your post myself. Here I am, beginning of month 4 and it is out of control. In fact, I just pulled the "rodent sized ball of hair" out of my own drain about an hour ago. It's what led me to share my woes with everyone here. I'm glad to hear it slows down a bit, otherwise I think I would be bald in less than a month. I mean, my baby is bald and it's cute on her, maybe it would work for me? ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My hair isn't falling out so much yet but the texture is HORRIBLE! It is corse and curly! I used to have soft straight hair! WTF!
  • Options
    DD2 is 5.5 months old and I'm still losing hair like you wouldn't believe. So much comes out in the shower and then every time I touch/comb my hair. It doesn't help that she's practicing her grasp by yanking on my hair every chance she gets too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just wait until it starts to grow back in again.  You'll have nice stick out straight strands until it gets long enough to lay flat.  It's a lovely look!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    I want to know when it ends! I am still dealing with this at 6 months. I'm glad I had thick hair to start, but, really?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mine did not start falling out until about 6 mo pp, 4.5 mo later it's still falling out and some is growing back and it looks freaky
  • Options

Wow, hadn't even thought of the growing out stage when I will have little spastic hairs sticking everywhere. At this point, I think I'm just glad to hear that it will grow back!

For anyone who is immune to this (if such a person exist), LUCKY!

• Options
    imageBabyHatch:

Wow, hadn't even thought of the growing out stage when I will have little spastic hairs sticking everywhere. At this point, I think I'm just glad to hear that it will grow back!

For anyone who is immune to this (if such a person exist), LUCKY!

Please, please, please let me be the one who is immune- I love PP hair!!

• Options
    Mine's gotten a lot better just in the last two weeks.  Around month 4 - yes, now that you guys say that - that was the worst of it for me too.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

imageNowDNAtoo:
    Just wait until it starts to grow back in again.  You'll have nice stick out straight strands until it gets long enough to lay flat.  It's a lovely look!

OMG! THAT's what's going on with my hair! I have these little 2 inch long strands right at my hairline that just appeared and they stand straight up! I thought they were damaged strands that had broken off, but I'll bet it's regrowth. Ugh.

Photobucket
  • Options
    I look in our bathroom trashcan and I can't believe I have any hair left on my head since that doesn't count what falls out in the shower or is still stuck in my brush.  Every night I brush my hair and have a large clump of hair that has fallen out.  Thing is I never really noticed that it was so much fuller while I was pregnant anyway.
  • Options

Kcita - I'm wishing the best for you, but 4 months was the turning point for me as well. 

I'm a little over 5 months now it is slowing - thank god, I was getting paranoid about my hair wrapping around DDs fingers and cutting off circulation (the problem with friends who are pediatricians - they tell stories that give you nightmares). 

• Options

Me too!!  I find strands of hair everywhere. It's so annoying. My hair stylist said I can expect my hair to fall out for a YEAR! WTF?!

• Options
    imageclaraj:

imageNowDNAtoo:

OMG! THAT's what's going on with my hair! I have these little 2 inch long strands right at my hairline that just appeared and they stand straight up! I thought they were damaged strands that had broken off, but I'll bet it's regrowth. Ugh.

Besides the hair loss, I too had the funky regrowth at my hairline for months.  Ugh.  I looked hideous! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"