Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Found Dog - Needs a home

I will spare the details but I am now housing a cute jack russell (larger than normal jack russell - maybe 20 pounds). We have had no luck finding the owners. Now I need to find him a home ... by Wednesday. We are leaving for a trip to Colorado for a few days.

He is REALLY a sweet dog. Well behaved and house broken too. Knows to sit and to stay. Kinda cowers sometimes like he may have been hit in the past.

We would keep  him but I am nervous about taking on another dog with me being pregnant. I just do not want it to be too much when the baby comes. I really believe that a dog should have a "forever home". If you know of anyone who would be interested, please let me know. He isnt as hyper as I thought a Jack would be. My Chug has way more energy that he does.

Re: Found Dog - Needs a home

• Options

We may be, let me talk to my dh first. He is at lunch so it will be a few hours. Our dog really needs a companion.

Do you know if he is good with kids? We could never have a dog that bit.

• Options
    Oh, and where does he sleep? Is he crate trained?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    let me talk to dh too. we have a JRT already and so another one might not be bad.
  • Options

I think he would be great with kids although I never saw him around any. He has been sleeping on our couch. The first night we kept our dog and this dog out in the livingroom and had no issues. Last night we opened up the bedroom door so they could sleep in bed with us if they wanted. Our dog did cause he always does but he hung out on the couch. Hasnt had any accidents in the house. This morning I noticed DH left something in front of the doggy door and he couldn't get out and the dog was quick to point it out to me so I could move it so he could go outside to use the potty.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"