Pregnant after 35

If you're due near Christmas/Hannuka/Holidays..

You might want to start your holiday shopping in September. DS was due after Christmas - well, he came 3 weeks early (Dec 20) and I felt so awful for all of december that I ended up giving a lot of people cards with notes in promising their gifts at a future date. Dh thought it was funny, but I was still kind of embarrassed. Anyway, I didn't even think of holiday planning until it was too late. I'm a last-minute kind of gal at the best of times. Well, with the rough last weeks of pregnancy and a difficult early birth, it was impossible.

Hm, I have no idea why I'm thinking of this now... Has anyone started their holiday shopping already?

And yes, I know August is disgustingly early to be thinking of this...

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness

Re: If you're due near Christmas/Hannuka/Holidays..

• Yes, I have actually thought of this. I plan to have all of my shopping done by Dec 1 and will likely get lots of people gift cards this year.

This is also the reason I didn't register are BRU. I didn't want to have to go into a toy store during December. 

• I don't shop anymore for adults - just the kids, and there's not too many, fortunately. And frankly, no, I haven't even thought about Xmas as I'm sure people will understand if things get crazy should I deliver early. Not really gonna concern myself with this right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the previous poster. I only have really 3 adults to shop for (Mom, MIL, BIL), especially since my sister and I agreed after she had my nephew a couple of years ago that we wouldn't do gifts for adults. I have been into sending out a lot of holiday cards the last few years, but not sure if I will even do that this year, especially since I work in retail, and I'm hoping it will be a busy season!
  • I hopefully will be proactive this year and start next month...yeah right. I have a feeling I will be shopping after the LO comes :-( Repeats to self: need to get motivated, need to get motivated
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Strangely enough, this has been on my mind lately.  With four other kids to shop for there's always too much to do near the holidays.  My plan was to start making lists after school starts next week and see what kind of "cool" things their friends have that they're asking about.

God help me, I worry more about the weather when I go in to labour.  It's a half hour (highway) drive on a good day to the hospital. This highway notoriously get's closed during terrible weather.  What then??  I might buy a home birth kit just to calm my fears a bit.  Anyway - enough of my being irrational.

Yup - Holiday planning/shopping soon Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"