LGBT Parenting

Volunteers?

Today we have to take both girls in for shots. I really don't want to go.

We have never had to be with LMC for shots or blood work (she has both today) but given her hysterics at having her temp taken, I am guessing this won't be fun.

We already know PBS  spikes really high fevers after and her screams are heartbreaking. First there is he initial shriek followed by a  mouth- wide- open, no- sound -coming -out -have- to -blow- on her- to make- her breathe scream. Not fun.

Of course, and not to spark a vaccination debate, we don't  have the options that a "real" parent would when it comes to vaccines. I would, if I could, eliminate a few, spread out the rest and insist on preservative free vaccines all the time. I will push to delay a few and try for preservative-free but I am not sure if I will get anywhere.

So, who wants to trade places with me? I will clean your house and cook for you in exchange. Anyone?

Re: Volunteers?

• I'd do it - especially for a clean house! Stick out tongue My office is in the midst of the clinic (general pediatric clinic) so I hear kids getting shots all day long. Some days I can drown it out - other days I have to shut the door.

I am sorry it is going to be so hard.  Can you give PBS Tylenol before you go as a pro-active measure?

Hang in there - I'll be thinking about you.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Oh, that sounds awful. Good luck with your Dr visits. I wish we lived closer so we could help!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck! I'd go with you for support if I was in your part of the world.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hope it went well and that you were able to give LBS some Tylenol ahead of time.  It can really help.

Thinking about you!

• Oooh not fun. Hope they feel better after quickly.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How'd it go? I was sending you good thoughts all night!
  • Thanks ladies! We lucked out.

LMC was given too many shots at her last appt with her former foster mom. I am not sure what fool allowed that to happen but the dreaded MMR shot was already given back then so I can't really do anything about that now.  She got a blood test but didn't make a peep. I think she was stunned to see blood on her finger so she just stared at it.  We bought ourselves one month before she needs more.

He said we could wait on PBS's until next month too. She just got an oral vaccine yesterday.

Woo Hoo!

I will spend the next month trying to find preservative free vaccines for them :-)

• Thanks for the update! SO glad it worked out better than you were expecting. Too many shots, though? Scary! I am glad these girls are in your care now.
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"