D.C. Area Babies
Options

Hospital "kit"

My SIL is having a baby in November and I wanted to put together a little kit of things she is going to need for the hospital.  Since my water suddenly broke at 32 weeks and DS was delivered 4 hours later, I didn't have time to pack for the hospital and just worked with what they gave me.  So I'm relying on you guys to give me guidance about things to include.  TIA!

Re: Hospital "kit"

• Options

That is so nice of you. Here are some things that I packed (and used) while at the hospital:

Robe
    Hair ties
    Water bottle
    Croc-type shoes - I love these because they slide on and off, they are easy to clean if stuff gets on them, and if your feet swell, they still fit. LLBean sells some called "Coastal Clogs" for a great price.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

To add on to pp:

Chapstick

Hard candies/mints

Tennis ball or massager

Massage oil

I've also seen people recommend a hand-held fan for when the mama gets hot in labor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options

a few snacks... some crackers and small bottles of gatorade or juice boxes (I had to wait forever before I got dinner... and, I was really hungry after a long day of pushing!)

some nice small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagevtkendra:

That is so nice of you. Here are some things that I packed (and used) while at the hospital:

Robe
    Hair ties
    Water bottle
    Croc-type shoes - I love these because they slide on and off, they are easy to clean if stuff gets on them, and if your feet swell, they still fit. LLBean sells some called "Coastal Clogs" for a great price.

Just checked out LandsEnd.com on Kendra's recommendation on the croc-type shoes and they have a sale of $7.99 on their version.  With shipping they came out to be about $14 but had a few more options than what LLBean had at least on their website.  I hope I bought a big enough size for my sausage feet.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"