Detroit Babies
Options

Need stroller recommendations

DH and I are having a hard time deciding on a stroller.  We want a stroller that is relatively lightweight (no more than 20 lbs), easy to fold - preferably folds up and not down to the ground, and not too expensive.  We have been looking mainly at travel systems, as it is generally cheaper to buy the stroller/car seat together.  We are leaning towards either the Graco Passage or MetroLite.  Any one have any good/bad experience with either model?

Any other recommendation for strollers?  If possible I would like to stay below $250.  I am also open to jogging strollers that recline.

Re: Need stroller recommendations

• Options

If you're looking for lightweight, consider just buying an infant carseat and then a snap-and-go stroller, then buy a nicer umbrella type stroller for later.  I got a travel system thinking the same thing- it's cheaper to buy the two together.  I did use the stroller a lot when DS was in his infant seat, but once he was too big for the infant seat, he had enough head control to start sitting in the umbrella stroller.  Since then, I rarely use the travel system stroller.  They're just too bulky and are a pain to deal with.  Any trips to the grocery store or places like Target, he just sits in the cart.  I figured the travel system would be good when going to the mall.  Again, the bulk makes it a pain to go in and out of stores and around racks, so I always use the umbrella stroller.  Not to mention, it's so much easier to get in and out of the car and takes up a lot less space.  If I had to do it again, I'd definitely go this route!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have a City Mini by Baby Jogger and love it, it would be under 250 if you used a 20% off coupon at Buy Buy Baby.  I would recommend going to Buy Buy Baby and looking at their selection, they have way more that Babies R US.  Plus they also have sales associates that know about the products.  I also would not recommend getting a travel system, most of the strollers are junk IMO.  I wish someone would of told me that before we got our travel system.  I know that you can buy an adapter for the City Mini, that allows you to attach your infant seat.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a Graco MetroLite Travel System (Sterling pattern).  Personally, I think it's great.  The locking carseat, car base, and stroller were the perfect combo.  We used them until 8 or 9 months when DS moved to his convertible carseat, and we still use the stroller even though he's older. 

I think paying $200 for a flimsy umbrella stroller is ridiculous and the cheap ones don't come with the features that you want (a sun canopy that actually provides coverage, a snack tray for DC, a cup holder for you, a storage compartment).

• Options
    I love my citi mini.  I got it a month ago and love it.  I couldx not use the 20% coupon because it is a baby jogger brand.  I usedx my 10% completion on it.  I also have a snap n go for the car seat.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The passage or metrolite would be nice I think.  When I had my first baby I thought ohhh yeah the travel system...yeah it comes together and all, but man...does it weigh a ton.  If I knew back then...I would of just gotten something light weight but with a lot more storage room. 
  • Options

imageVuedudawL:
    The passage or metrolite would be nice I think.  When I had my first baby I thought ohhh yeah the travel system...yeah it comes together and all, but man...does it weigh a ton.  If I knew back then...I would of just gotten something light weight but with a lot more storage room. 

I forgot all about this.  I actually used a BRU coupon that didn't exclude baby jogger, so look for a coupon from another store that doesn't exclude baby jogger.

• Options
    Thanks Bumpies for all your recommendations!  DH and I decided to register for the Snap & Go Frame, Graco Snug Ride car seat & the City Mini.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"