Alabama Babies
Options

A Monday Poll

Let's do a poll because I am bored and am procrastinating lol. 

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them?

2. What was your favorite childhood toy?

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what?

4. Which Disney Princess would you be?

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children?

6. Favorite childhood book?

Re: A Monday Poll

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them?  Yes..I used to want to name my daughter Sierra and my son Dakota.  Needless to say my tastes have changed :)

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? I loved Barbies and I had the coolest Strawberry Shortcake play kitchen

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? I have saved most of my barbies, I have my first cabbage patch kid from the year they first came out, some board games, and then I have a table and chairs, a shelf, a doll cradle, and a child sized rocking chair that I hope baby girl gets to use :) 

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? hands down Cinderella..she ends up in an awesome house :) 

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children?  family vacations.  Every summer the first week of July we went on a family vacation. 

6. Favorite childhood book? I love the Berenstein Bears series...those are just good wholesome books.  I also love the book Mean Soup.

• Options

1. Yes I had names picked out, that's not what I'm using.

2. Lego's and Lincoln Logs

3. Lego's and my old pooh doll

4. Jasmine. She had a flying carpet!

5. I want to take them camping hiking and canoeing like my dad did.

6. My First Pony

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? yep, mackenzie for my daughter (nothing for my son). oddly enough i now hate that name, and have very different names picked out for my child - lol.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? a stuffed mouse i named puff.

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? yep, i have a storage box full of stuffed animals from my childhood, and a few disney books from my childhood too.

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? no doubt, ariel. the little mermaid is my fav disney movie.

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children? i don't really know. there are a few things that my parents did that i would like to do with my kids, but i can't really name anything in particular off hand.

6. Favorite childhood book? i had an encyclopedia set my parents bought me when i was younger that had a bunch of stories, etc in it. i really liked those. i had a ton of books when i was younger. i was really into reading more than playing with toys.

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? Nope

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? my barbies

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? sigh.... I wish I would've kept my barbies.  I gave them away when I got too old to play with dolls.  I regret it now because I would love to give them to my daugher if I have one.

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? Ariel...I love the water!!

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children? We didn't really have any continuous traditions, so I'm really not sure.

6. Favorite childhood book? Oh gosh it's hard to pick just one..  The Ramona Quimby books and Where the Sidewalk Ends

Siggy coming soon....
  • Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? Yep, I think they were really popular names at that time, like Tiffany.  I really liked Rebekah too.  My tastes have since changed so those will not be my future girls names.  I didn't have anything picked out for boys names.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? My big wheel, my easy bake oven.

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? I didn't save anything from my childhood, (hangs head in shame) I believe my mom has a few things that she kept. 

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? probably Ariel

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children? Every Christmas my parents made it a point to keep the kids at home and have everyone come to our house.  My mom was a firm believer of letting the kids stay home and enjoy there toys on Christmas and not pack them up and be running around all day.  To this day, I have the best memories of Christmas mornings at home.

6. Favorite childhood book? Where the Wild Things Are, All the Sesame Street books. 

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? I've always known I want to name my son "Jackson"

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? My Little Pony, Legos, Barbie

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids? If so, what? Yes. I have Barbie stuff and My Little Ponies and stuffed animals...

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? Jasmine

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children? all of our Christmas traditions

6. Favorite childhood book? I don't know...

DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them?  yes!  one is still my girl name... but a few of them are awful and embarrassing.  lol

2. What was your favorite childhood toy?   Barbies

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what?  I think my parents still have every toy I ever owned.  lol

4. Which Disney Princess would you be?  sleeping beauty is my favorite, but I would probably rather be the little mermaid

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children?  big, fun holiday celebrations

6. Favorite childhood book?  I can't remember just one.  I had a ton of favorites!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? I remember liking the names Christine and Alyssa2. What was your favorite childhood toy?my American Girl doll, Kirsten 3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what?I have a really wonderful dollhouse at my parents' house. Also Kirsten and all her stuff  is in good shape.4. Which Disney Princess would you be? Belle was my favorite :)5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children?Opening one gift on Christmas Eve from their sibling 6. Favorite childhood book?  In 5th grade, a teacher read Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech to us. I still have my original copy with my name inside, and it is still one of my favorite novels.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

stars, I also had Kirsten! :)

• Options
    imagelilcrablegs:

Aww :) I got her when I was 8, for Christmas. I still have a stand, her bed, and her clothes at my parents' house. I always liked her books and Addy's books the best :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagestarsmaycollide:
    imagelilcrablegs:

Aww :) I got her when I was 8, for Christmas. I still have a stand, her bed, and her clothes at my parents' house. I always liked her books and Addy's books the best :) 

I will never forget the day I just HAD to take out her braids.  My mom just sighed.  Her poor hair was never the same!  lol!

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? Naomi for a girl.  Never picked a boy name.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? My Velveteen rabbit

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what?  I had a handmade cabbage patch doll, but I lost her in a house fire. :-(

4. Which Disney Princess would you be?  Sleeping Beauty of course!

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children?  Baking cookies with my mom at Christmas time.

6. Favorite childhood book? The Velveteen Rabbit

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? I'm sure I did but can't really remember then now.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? Hope, my Cabbage Patch

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? I have tons at home. So does DH.

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? Ariel of course- red hair.

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children? This is kind of random but something we already have done---we always ate hot dogs and cupcakes on Halloween. I have lots more but that's the first one that comes to mind.

6. Favorite childhood book? When I was much younger, the Giant Jam Sandwich. As I got older, I really liked the Babysitters Club books and Ramona Quimby books.

• Options
    imagestarsmaycollide:
    6. Favorite childhood book?  In 5th grade, a teacher read Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech to us. I still have my original copy with my name inside, and it is still one of my favorite novels.

Totally haven't done the survey yet...but it reminded me that my awesome 5th grade teacher read us The Indian in the Cupboard.  LOVED it...still do...never saw the movie, though.

And I'd TOTALLY be Belle, too!

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? I always wanted to use Sarah for a girl becaquse that was a name my mom liked for me.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? My Cabbage Patch Doll and Barbies

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? I still have the doll house my Dad built for me, my Mini Bentwood Rocker, and my Cabbage Patch Doll.

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? Belle

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children?  I know this sounds crazy, but I remember me and my 2 brothers having to pitch in on Saturday mornings after cartoons to help Mom clean the house. It built teamwork between us. It was never anything major, but a little dusting and vaccuming. We hated it at the time, but looking back I like what it did for us.

6. Favorite childhood book? When I was younger, it was abook of Nursery Rhymes, as I grew older, I loved Babysitters Club.

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? I always had names picked out but they changed.

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? A Strawberry Shortcake ragdoll.

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? I still have the strawberry shortcake doll. I also still have a few My Little Ponies and a cabbage patch doll I may hand down.

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? Hmm.. I dredssed up as Snow White for halloween one year.

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children? Our family didn't take annual vacations. Instead we saved up and would take big trips every few years... one year we took an RV across the west for about 3 weeks. Another year we went to Europe. I hope to instill a love of travel in my kids at an early age.

6. Favorite childhood book? I love Berenstein Bears. When I was older I also loved the Babysitter's Club and the Boxcar Children.

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them?  Sadly yes, for a girl I liked Kaylin and Karoline...Kaleb and Karson for boys (I dated a guy that had a family tradition of K names).  I also said I would name a girl Tapanga, lol! My cousin actually named her DD that too.  Needless to say it's a good thing I didn't get pg then!

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? My Cricket doll, barbies, and my purple Cabbage Patch Kid

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what?  I have a lot of collector Wizard of Oz stuff that I would love to pass down.

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? Ariel, because she got the best of both worlds, haha.  And she has the best singing voice!

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children?  There are several holiday traditions, but I always remember eating supper together...no matter what else was going on, we were at the table together eating every night.

6. Favorite childhood book?  Ottie and the Star, The BSC books, and Goosebumps

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? oh yes...several!

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? Barbies and CPKids

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? all of my cpkids, my inch worm, and others

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? hmm I love all of them, but prob Belle

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children? my parents just always made holidays and birthdays so much fun and I want to continue that

6. Favorite childhood book? I love so many children's books, but when I was little, I loved But No Elephants-not

my
  • Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them? oh yes...several!

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? Barbies and CPKids

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? all of my cpkids, my inch worm, and others

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? hmm I love all of them, but prob Belle

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children? my parents just always made holidays and birthdays so much fun and I want to continue that

6. Favorite childhood book? I love so many children's books, but when I was little, I loved But No Elephants-not

• Options

Sorry for the duplicate post--I wasn't even ready to post the first yet!! I was going to say, that I have other favorite children's books now--LOVE all Eric Carle and Dr Seuss

• Options

1. When you were younger and thought about your future children did you have names picked out for them?  Yes. I really don't like the names now so they won't be used...lol

2. What was your favorite childhood toy? I loved my barbies and my cabbage patch dolls.

3. Did you save any toys from your childhood to hopefully pass down to your kids?  If so, what? Like Candi I have my first cabbage patch doll that my grandmother bought me the day I was born. I hope to pass that down. 

4. Which Disney Princess would you be? I want to be Cinderella, she got the hot prince...lol 

5. What is one tradition from your childhood that you want to carry on to your own children?  We have christmas with my parents and grandparents on christmas eve and we open presents from them. We have wonderful food and just hang out with our family.  

6. Favorite childhood book? Anything my mom would read to me. I really love the book Love You Forever and Goodnight Moon

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    imageErin&Gregg07:

6. Favorite childhood book? Anything my mom would read to me. I really love the book Love You Forever and Goodnight Moon

I love reading Goodnight Moon to DS. We got a paperback copy at the hospital. It's pretty much worn out now so I need to get the hard back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"