2nd Trimester

Cribs for short people!

Hey ladies,  

I am 5 feet. All of the cribs I have looked at have been hard for me to reach in. Can anyone suggest one that they have or have looked at?

TIA

1/24/10

Re: Cribs for short people!

• Ikea has really short cribs!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am also 5 feet 0 inches tall and I had this same problem with most of the cribs we looked at, at BRU this weekend.  My H kept saying "too tall for you hunny!".

We found one at Target that we really like and I could easily reach into the floor model.

• Loading the player...
  • imageBubbles1022:

We found one at Target that we really like and I could easily reach into the floor model.

Do you know which one it was? 

1/24/10
  • We have this one for DD. It works great although now that I am PG again I have to lean over on the sides b/c its shorter than the middle. I found the ones designed like this were easiest to reach into.
  • imageproudarmywife08:
    We have this one for DD. It works great although now that I am PG again I have to lean over on the sides b/c its shorter than the middle. I found the ones designed like this were easiest to reach into.

Oh I like that one! I will have to check it out. Thanks!

1/24/10
  • I'm 4'9' and we just bought are crib at a garage sale (nice set) to save some money.  It goes high for when he is a newborn and i just plan on using a little step stool after that.... just a thought.
  • imageBubbles1022:

I am also 5 feet 0 inches tall and I had this same problem with most of the cribs we looked at, at BRU this weekend.  My H kept saying "too tall for you hunny!".

I was at Target yesterday and they had a floor model that I was very easily able to reach into. I believe it was this one .

• We have the ikea gulliver and love the height.  It is perfect for us.  I'm 5'2" and some of the others were soo tall for me.
  • I'm barely 5'2. We have the DaVinci Parker, and I just plan on using a step stool to reach once he's older. I already have a stool to use in the kitchen b/c I can't reach our "higher" cabinets.
  • I am 5'1" and I have a Bonavita lifetime crib. It's the size of every other lifetime crib. I've never had a problem. By the time you have the mattress all the way to the bottom, chances are you will not be laying the baby all the way down. You can set them in for them to lay down. Same with getting the baby up. They sit up for you go get them out. Just my .02.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"