Oregon Babies
Options

Family Practitioner

So I just got a letter today telling us that the beloved internal medicine (adults only) doctor that my husband and I have been seeing for years, is leaving Providence Medical Group... So, I guess we have to find a new doctor.

I suppose the timing is good since I was going to need to find a pediatrician for baby anyways, so now I'm thinking we should just find a family practice doctor that we can all 3 see.

Does anyone have a rock star doctor that they couldn't live without that both parents and baby can see?  We live in Beaverton but will be moving in a few months to be closer into Portland and we both work downtown, so somewhere near or close into downtown would be best.

Any recommendations will be researched!

Thanks! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Family Practitioner

• Options
    I used to work for PMG!  Who's leaving?
  • Options

Dr. Bj Scott at the Sunset Clinic :(

We LOOOOOVE HER!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have a rec for a family practitioner, but in regards to a pediatrician you could look in to Dr. David Porter on NW Lovejoy. He was my pediatrician growing up and I hope to have our kiddo seen by him too.

Good luck on your search for a good family doc!

• Options
    I <3 Jennifer Lochner at OHSU Family Medicine at South Waterfront. She is calm, friendly, and knowledgeable. She always takes the time to answer all our questions and explain all our options with pros and cons. Actually, every doc that I have seen there has been fabulous. The clinic itself is very nice, parking is easy and free, the hours are great (evenings and weekends), apts are nearly always on time, urgent apts are available last-minute, and the staff is friendly. I could go on and on...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagepeachypear:
    I <3 Jennifer Lochner at OHSU Family Medicine at South Waterfront. She is calm, friendly, and knowledgeable. She always takes the time to answer all our questions and explain all our options with pros and cons. Actually, every doc that I have seen there has been fabulous. The clinic itself is very nice, parking is easy and free, the hours are great (evenings and weekends), apts are nearly always on time, urgent apts are available last-minute, and the staff is friendly. I could go on and on...

Thanks!! I just checked and she's part of my insurance network, so that's convenient.  Even more convenient since I work downtown, right by the streetcar!  I especially like that she also does maternity care, even though I have an OB that I love and adore more than ANYTHING, it would be nice to have a family doctor that had maternity knowledge :)

I'm going to ask my OB if he has any recommendations, but if he doesn't have any that I like, then I'll make an appt w/ Dr. Lochner :)

• Options
    wow!  She is leaving sunset!?!?  My DH used to work there!  She hasn't been there too terribly long.  Sorry to hear that, and sorry I don't have any recs for you.  I go to the PMG clinic in Sherwood and recommend pretty much everyone there...but a little far out for you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"