2nd Trimester
Options

Sleeping on your back

I love sleeping on my back but lately when I lay on my back it feels like someone is sitting on my stomach or chest and making it uncomfortable. I guess it is time to give up the back sleeping! How far along were some of you when sleeping on your back became uncomfortable?

Re: Sleeping on your back

• Options
    15 or 16 weeks for me.  I miss it, but the snoogle makes side sleeping much more bearable.
  • Options
    I still sleep half on my back half on my side. But flat on my back ended at 17 weeks or so.
    ~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel dizzy when I sleep on my back, that started around 19 weeks.  Sometimes I wake up on my back, realize I dont feel good and flip to my side.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm still doing it for at least part of the time.
    1/8/12 Confection Shrug Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I still sometimes sleep on my back.
  • Options
    it just started to feel uncomfortable for me now, but i catch myself sleeping on my back in the middle of the night all the time.....
  • Options
    I still love sleeping on my back, but heard it's not good so I try not to. It's still completely comfortable.
  • Options

Im a tummy sleeper. I can't lay on my back for more than 3 hours without feeling uncomfortable...

I did have to laugh at your post however when you had said it feels like there was someone sitting on your stomach... Because technically, there is! LMAO.

• Options
    imageB!tchBeckman:

Im a tummy sleeper. I can't lay on my back for more than 3 hours without feeling uncomfortable...

I did have to laugh at your post however when you had said it feels like there was someone sitting on your stomach... Because technically, there is! LMAO.

true but I meant someone the size of my fiance not my baby thats the size of a lemon LOL

• Options
    imagemurfygirl:
    imageB!tchBeckman:

true but I meant someone the size of my fiance not my baby thats the size of a lemon LOL

LOL- now you see why it was so funny to me! lol.

• Options
    I was definitely a back sleeper, until I got the snoogle. I had been good about side sleeping until I started having circulation problems (arms going numb), and DH said he found me more on my back.  For a few weeks I was able to get away with putting the snoogle under my thighs and laying on my back comfortably, but not anymore. It's REALLY uncomfortable now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageB!tchBeckman:
    imagemurfygirl:
    imageB!tchBeckman:

LOL- now you see why it was so funny to me! lol.

The lemon is so heavy I cant breath get the lemon off now LOL

• Options
    I still wake up on my back a lot, I think b/c its starting to hurt my hips now to lay on my side. argh. we'll see. DH will nudge me or try to roll me over if he wakes up and I'm on my back lol, but I still do not feel lightheaded or anything, so I think it might be ok for me.
  • Options
    I still sleep on my back sometimes, but not usually flat on my back.  I will sleep either with a pillow under half of me so I'm laying at an angle, or with a slight incline of pillows behind me. 
  • Options
    It is still fine for me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"