Philadelphia Babies
Options

Parenting Classes at Thomas Jefferson Hospital

Anyone out there taken any of the parenting classes offered at jefferson Hospital in center city? Just wanted to see if you had any feedback on the classes/opinions as to which ones were helpful, etc.

?

Re: Parenting Classes at Thomas Jefferson Hospital

• Options
    I just delivered there in April.  I took all of their classes (except for the grandparents one and the siblings one) and I thought they were great.  The Infant CPR was good.  Getting Ready for Baby was ok, I don't know that I learned too much in that one.  We took the 2-day (on Saturday) childbirth class and I thought that was good.  A lot of it I already knew from reading books, but it was good for DH to learn stuff. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks! how was the delivery experience there?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered both of my kids at TJUH and had a great experience both times!  I love the nurses and my docs are awesome.  Dr. Wolf delivered both DC's and she is fantastic.  The residents can be annoying but overall I highly recommend it there.

Before I had DS, DH and I took the childbirth class that was all day Sunday and included a hospital tour.  We really liked it and incorporated a lot of the breathing techniques.  My labor with DS was pretty tough but what we learned in class definitely helped.

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options

imageMarriedInPhilly:
    thanks! how was the delivery experience there?

It was great!  I was in labor for 30 hours, pushed for 6, and ended up with a c-section so I think I really got to experience all facets of it.  Like the pp said, the residents are annoying (and there are a million of them), but it's a teaching hospital, so you have to expect that.  Most of your time is spent with the nurses and they are GREAT!

I was also up in post-pardem for 4 days (partly b/c of the c/s and partly because DD had jaundice and had to stay, so I stayed too).  The nurses there were so helpful and accomodating.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"