Birth Stories

Natural Birth story.....Ouch

This is my third birth. I started getting contractions at 8pm the night before my scheduled induction! I was a week and a half over due. They baby was large as measured by ultrasound..over 9 pounds.

I had pretty painful contractions most of the night, went to the hospital the next morning at 5 am for my induction, I was already in labor and measuring at  a 6. I wasn't set on going naturally but things were progressing so fast (fast for me that is, my other labors were really long) I knew if I had an epi, it would slow everything down.  So I labored until around noon that day, I pushed for 20 minutes and my little boy was out. 22.5 inches and 9 pounds.

Here are some details on natural labor. It was bearable until the last 3 hours. I was moaning and groaning and it was unbelievably painful the last 2 hours of it.  The last half our was unbearable. I seriously went a little out of my mind.  I don't hardly remember transition or crowning. It was like an out of body experience. When the baby was moving through the birth canal I felt pressure on my rectum like you would not believe. I swore a little too, not like me.

The recovery was a cinch. I have now had to recover from and epi birth and a non-epi birth and this one was way easier, I don't know why. Maybe because they did not pump me full of a bunch of fluids since I didn't have the epi. Oh also for all of you GBS+, i was too and it was not even a big deal. I had an IV and a couple bags of antibiotics.

So that is it, my baby is here and everyone is doing good, and I am happy not to be pregnant anymore!

Re: Natural Birth story.....Ouch

• What did you name him?

I'm glad you're strong enough to go through an unmedicated birth. I am the first in line for the epidural on this next birth for me.

• We named him Caleb. And I will most likely be getting an epi next time too, I don't think I can do that kind of pain again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!

Now that you have been through both experiences would you do a natural birth again or epi?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsGarciatobe:

Congrats!

Now that you have been through both experiences would you do a natural birth again or epi?

Oops.  I see you already answered my question.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yeah that last hour blows....I know I was screaming my head off, and my husband was all "can you be quieter? you are scaring people".  I told him to F&*% off....Congrats!
    Pregnancy Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"