Cleveland Babies

Any Akron area moms?

Hey everyone!  Checking to see if anyone is from the Akron area!  I have one more month before I try for baby #1, but just trying to get to know everyone here!  ~Amanda
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any Akron area moms?

• Jules GJules G member
    I'm just a little ways down I-77 in North Canton.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm over in Mantua (in Portage County).
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello Ladies!

My hubby and i live in akron with our two fuzzy babies & are TTC out first bundle of joy! Well, its hard work but someone's gotta do it  Wink   I am pretty new to the area and would like to meet some new mommy friends as well.

Amanda

• Hi Amanda!  We seem to be in similar situations!  Hope to see you on the boards.  I've been lurking for about a month & everything is very interesting!  ~Amanda
  • Hi Amanda,

I will be moving to Stow very soon with a 9 week old.  Hope we can meet up once the baby is here;)

• Hiya!

Im a little further down in Massillon, but my parents live in Green and Cuyahoga Falls. Im in the Akron area all the time!

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Hi

How is every one doing? We are getting ready to go back to vegas next week. Just realized we may be able to bring home a souvenir!! How sweet would that be?? How is every one doing?

Amanda

• Good luck!  You're probably in Vegas right now, but hopefully it's going well!
  • Oh My!!

Congratulations!! I just noticed your 5 weeks into the mommy adventure!!! Good for you!! How are you feeling? Crazy excited I bet! & say Happy Daddy Day to your Hubby from the bump peeps. We are still trying....and hoping. Its hard to not think about it a lot when you work with babies all day, but, I love my job so i guess its just a "hazard". 

Congrats again!!!!!!                                  

• Haha!  Yes, our first try was a BFP.  It was a shock.  We're very excited.  Our first ultrasound is Mon., June 29th.  I can't believe it's so soon.  I feel fine, but I had to get a bigger bra already.  That was the first thing I noticed!  Good luck!  Are you testing tomorrow?
  • Well....... Funny you should ask about testing.....I was feeling really tired & just not right so I tested today and I am pregnant!!! We are in total shock and very excited! I already had an appt for July 9th (it was supposed to be an initial visit to meet new doc). I do feel a little emotional, I can handle that just hope I don't get really sick (fingers crossed). Did i mention I am still in shock!Big Smile
  • Woohoo! So excited for you!  That was how mine was, too.  A new patient dr. app that turned into something else.   Good luck.  We'll be going through things pretty close together!
  • HI Ladies! I'm in Akron (Springfield technically). We just found out this week. I am in almost the identical situation as you guys last month. I already had a new doc consult scheduled for 2 weeks from now. Who are you guys using for your OB? I new to Akron, so I havent learned all the secret baby things such as good docs, boutique locations or all the really good consignment stores. I'm pretty early on but we are very excited. We have only been married a little over a month and technically hadn't started "trying" yet....though we weren't preventing either. I feel very blessed, and totally shocked it happened so quick.Smile
  • Hi there!  I have missed a few new posts here due to being on vacation last week!  I go to a Dr. in Tallmadge at the Women's Health Group.  They are really great.  If you want more info, PM me.  As for baby boutiques, I don't really know where good ones are.  I've seen the usual ones at the mall, Babies R Us (closest ACTUAL BRU is in Canton, though.  Our Toys R Us in Cuy Falls only has some things).
  • My OB is amazing... but he is in Canton, not Akron. He delivered all 4 of my nieces and he is taking really good care of me.

The BIG babies R us is in North Canton, but its super easy to get to. Right off 77. Just get off on Portage (the strip) There is a Toys R US by Chapel hill and by Summit malls.

Bebe Suite in Fairlawn (on ghent), Childrens Place (both chapel and summit), Gymboree (belden and summit) Once Upon a Child (in stow, I believe its a resale shop)  Baby Time furniture (hartville),

Aurora Farms has alot of outlets Carters. OshKosh, CP, Baby Gap, gymboree, stride rite

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • I live in the akron area and  Im 11 weeks pregnant with my first! Paragon Health Associates is a pretty big OB/GYN group, they have 5 or so offices all over akron area. Baby Tyme is a really cute furniture store in Hartville, I just went down there with my mom to browse. Its going to be hard to pick nursery decor!
  • I'm in Akron too. 

I go to Dr. Davis on White Pond Dr.

We just got married in June and it appears we are carrying a honeymooon baby. :)  We are also painting the outside of our house, and then we'll have a nursery to work on.

My sister and sister in law are both pregnant right now too.  Lots of babies coming soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"