LGBT Parenting
Options

Bed Rest

C is back on bed rest. She had some bleeding yesterday, but this morning we woke up to a significant increase. I had called the doctor yesterday to ask when to take her in and he said when it is a few pads an hour. Prayerfully, it will not come to that.

This is some scary stuff; any advice on how to get through the bumps is greatly appreciated (e.g. knitting, channel surfing...Smile).

Thanks ALL!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Bed Rest

• Options

I am sorry to hear that it is continuing.

FWIW - A friend of mine has a SCH (with a singleton) and has been bleeding (heavily) daily for months - and yet everytime they go for the u/s there is the heartbeat and a nicely growing baby!

As for passing the time. Sleep.  You won't get much of it come April. Stick out tongue  There are also a lot of books out there that I'd love to read and never seen to have the time - maybe you could make a trip to the library?  Redbox is a great place for video rentals.  They are only $1/day and typically have a good selection (especially during the week.)  Does she have a laptop?  I'll chat with her - I don't feel like doing work. Stick out tongue

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

So sorry the two of you are going through this.  I am thinking about you....

I second the reading and DVD watching...maybe some letter writing the old fashioned way?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

- movies

- books

- if you have a laptop with wireless connection maybe have fun looking at baby items

- sleep

Sorry you ladies are having such a scary time! Also, try the High Risk Pregnancy board.  There are may girls on bed rest over there and they have weekly bed rest check-ins.  You might find some helpful ideas there.

I'll be thinking of you both!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'll be thinking of all of you! 

-DVD movie marathon

-books or books on tape so you can "read" together when you're home

-crossword puzzles/sudoku

-learn how to knit/crochet

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

What about starting a journal for the babies?  We started one when I was pregnant (an actual journal - not a blog) and while I wasn't good about keeping it up - it is nice to have.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh man! I'm SO sorry you two are going through this scary time. Know that I'll continue to keep all four of you in my thoughts and prayers.

• Nic and I are totally engrossed in Dexter, a Showtime series. If you have comcast cable, all seasons are on DVR  for free!
    • Gathering recipies for meals that freeze well to prep for when the babies come.
    • Journaling
    • Setting up a Facebook page, if you don't have one already. I spent a ridiculous amount of time sitting on Facebook.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

How scary for you both. I really hope the bleeding subsides. One of my close friends had a SCH. She was on bedrest but has a beautiful, healthy baby girl to show for it.

As far as bedrest, movies, books, online games, Facebook and lots of phone calls from friends helped ger her through. If you want calls I would be happy to call and check-in and cheer up everyday. Let me know.

Hang in there, my thoughts and prayers are with you both and the babies

• Options

Hoping the bleeding stops soon.

Hang in there little ones!

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"