South Florida Babies
Options

Suggestions for birthday party

I am going to be celebrating Alex and Max's birthday together, and probably will forever, lol. 2 December babies and a Christmas is just too much party at one time for me, so joint party it is! I'm looking for suggestions on what to do for their party. I'm tossing around the idea of Monkey Joes since the smaller kids can go into the bounce houses with their parents. Or I am just thinking of doing it at a house and renting a bounce house and maybe a magician for the bigger kids? There is going to be about 10 kids at least that are Max's age and about 7 kids that are Alex's age.

I'm open to any suggestions!!! Thanks!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Suggestions for birthday party

• Options
    My first thought was Monkey Joe's too!  Or a Chuck E. Cheese - that is a lot of kids - so I would go with something organized - My Gym, Miami Children's Museum, in Miami we have something called (I think) Bounce Planet, thinking about hosting Eli's fourth birthday there. 
  • Options

no offense to moms who have had parties at chuck e cheese...but i wouldnt do it there...its so dirty, imo.

mia childrens museum is pricey - very pricey. dhs cousin had her sons 2nd party there...and she spent $2500 on just the venue (i think in this she included favors and cake that she paid extra)

monkey joes was cool and clean when we went....i would also prefer an at home party for two kids with a bounce house - thats what i did for madys 1st bday party

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I like at home parties too.  The benefit of a place is that they do everything for you though!

image image

• Options
    imageMrsLeanna:

I like at home parties too.  The benefit of a place is that they do everything for you though!

Ditto!

I wish I could do the boys birthday together since one is 3 weeks before Christmas and was is 3 week after Christmas...but Eric says I am crazy, am I? 

• Options
    I too like going out because then there is little to no clean up necessary. Plus bounce houses scare me a bit. you could be liable if someone got hurt...and Josh broke his arm in one. I fell in love with the Chuck E Cheese in Boca...I know it is a bit out of the way...but it is so clean and nice...compared to our crappy one in sunrise. I also love Monkey Joe's or you could prob do something at a latte fun.
  • Options

My niece and nephew's bdays are just a couple of wks apart, so BIL/SIL hosted one party for both.  Nephew turned one, so not too much activities for his age group.  They had a bounce house for the 4 yr olds, and a face painter for everyone.  They hired a person to grill dogs and burgers (they bring their own bbq and supplies).

Oh, and the cake!  I LOVED IT! image

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm all for doing parties outside the home since you are a little more likely able to enjoy since you won't have to worry about cleaning up as much. I am new to this party business for the little ones.  I will let you know how a party at MyGym works out after my little ones party. :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Since its during a cooler month I would go with the least expensive option of having it at a house with bouncehouse. Honestly. Those places add up! I would only do the indoor play place thing if it was going to be a small party... Or on the "smaller" side anyway. :) Just my 2 cents!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemelly&jimmy:
    My first thought was Monkey Joe's too!  Or a Chuck E. Cheese - that is a lot of kids - so I would go with something organized - My Gym, Miami Children's Museum, in Miami we have something called (I think) Bounce Planet, thinking about hosting Eli's fourth birthday there. 

Ooh, Bounce Party Planet!  Cedric and I went to a birthday party there--what fun we had!  I love the bounce house slide, and I got to enjoy it b/c Cedric was not ready to go by himself--great for me!  I didn't get to stay for the food, so I have no idea how it is.

For us, I am partial to parties at home (we like to cook and don't mind doing clean up ourselves).  It beats the park b/c you don't have to schlep anything anywhere--you're already there!  But with two birthdays at different ages and so many kids, I can totally see needing more space than you would have at home.   I haven't been to Monkey Joes or A Latte Fun, but I have been to Chuck E Cheese.  The one I went to in NJ was fine.  And Dandy Bear in Miami, which is similar, was fun for the kids, too.

• Options
    We have been to a few birthday party's at Chuck E Cheese and Diego had his 2nd birthday party at Dandy Bear and I can tell you that the kids loved it. I prefer Dandy Bear since they have a toddlers area but kids really like any of those kind of places (sounds like Monkey Joes is fun). I also loved the idea of not having to do anything after the party but I didn't mind picking up at the park either. We have not done any in house parties. 
  • Options

I am having nicolas 1st bday at A latte fun, I will tell you how it goes. or u can email me and I will send u an invite and u can come!..nicolevenant@msn.com

Nicole MOM 2 MARIO & NICOLAS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"