Texas Babies
Options

**LindsayMarieG**

I'm hardly ever on this board, but I happened to be looking around today and saw your cute siggy of precious Carter!  I also have a Carter (he's 2.5) and my Spencer is 13 months.  Spencer also wears a helmet and is graduating in about 2 weeks - yay!  We go to Cranial Tech in Austin, and he's been wearing his since mid-May so about 3 months now.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi since we both have helmet babies and Carters too!

Re: **LindsayMarieG**

• Options

YAY for being done in two weeks! Carter was seen today and has an appointment in 3 weeks and we're hoping he'll be cleared then or shortly after. We go to Prescott Orthodics on Sonterra and we really like our orthodist.

How long did Spencer wear his?

• Options

Spencer got his helmet on May 13 when he was 10 months old, and he'll graduate on September 2 (yay!  we have a date!) so it'll be a little less than 4 months.  I'm really glad we did it, and the time has just flown by.  He adjusted to it quickly and we really haven't had any issues with it.  My only (shallow) concern before we got it was potential stares/questions from randoms, but thankfully, it hasn't been an issue at all.  Honestly, I had never even heard of helmets before his pedi recommended it, but it seems like everyone I know knows someone that has had one, so I guess they're more common than I realized.

I hope you all have had a good experience with it, and I hope this experience will be over soon!  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"