Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

no tampons?

I miscarried over the weekend last week. I've been bleeding for 12 days :( It was confirmed last Thursday. My doctor said it was fine to use tampons. Is this not so?? I just read another post that is making me questions this.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: no tampons?

• Options
    I was able to use them after my m/c.
  • Options

I'm so sorry about your loss.  :(

I was told to stay away from them to prevent any infection.  Also to refrain from any sex and hot baths for at least the first couple of weeks following a loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my chemical pregnancy I used tampons and wasn't told one way or the other.  With my missed m/c, I was told to be on pelvic rest following my D&E (or start of my miscarriage bleeding I guess).  That included tampons, sex, etc. 

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Options
    I used them the first day and then refrained because I heard through friends and my mom you should not use them after a m/c.  My dr. did not say anything about using them or not.  I was miserable.  If your doctor said it was ok, I would personally would use them.  But again, I was not told medically to use them or not, only through friends, etc. and what they believed. 
  • Options
    I think it is different from natural m/c vs D&C after missed m/c. It is no tampons for 1-2 wks after D&C. Not sure about for natural m/c 
  • Options
    I had a medically managed m/c which is very similar to a natural and I was told to not use them. 
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss....

My doctor told me absolutley do not put anything up there! You dont want to get an infection...

I know having a telephone book b/w your legs all day isnt very comforable but i'd rather be on the safe side and not get an infection.

• Options
    I am sorry...I have to laugh...a telephone book between your legs.  :)  I had to go out and buy granny panties because I no longer owned any.  I felt like I was wearing a diaper for a week.
  • Options
    imagetravers081906:

I am so sorry for your loss....

My doctor told me absolutley do not put anything up there! You dont want to get an infection...

I know having a telephone book b/w your legs all day isnt very comforable but i'd rather be on the safe side and not get an infection.

ha!  Thanks for the laugh travers Smile

I just had a natural miscarriage last week and the doc told me no tampons for the first few days because the cervix was still open.  No sex for two weeks.  I'm going with no tampons for two weeks as well just to be safe because that makes me more comfortable, but do what makes you and your doctor feel comfortable.

• Options
    I was told no tampons until the AF after my m/c.  And unfortunately I had 2 m/c back to back, with the bleeding for the first lasting over 2 weeks.  That was a long time in a pad.  I was just thankful for today's thin pads over those our mothers used to have to wear.
  • Options
    My doc told me not to, but every doc may be different.
  • Options
    My Dr. told my husband "Nothing in the Vagina for 2 weeks"  I thought he'd die of embarrassment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"