Health & Exercise
Options

not interested in eating?

Our baby is 10 weeks old. For the past couple of days he is not interested in his bottle at all!  He will take about 2 oz and then is so distracted looking around, generally not wanting it.    I am getting nervous because he was eating about 22-26 oz a day and now only 17-19.. slightly crankier than usual, prob from not being full.  Do you think this is normal and will pass in a few days? I am calling the MD tomorrow..
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: not interested in eating?

• Options
    DS did the same thing around that age. Babies start to be much more interested in their surroundings and have a harder time stopping to eat. I think it's great that you are going to call the pedi, they should have some suggestions for you and can also make sure your LO is not getting sick. Meanwhile, try feeding your LO in a dark quiet room, dreamfeeding, feeding when baby is tired, feed more often in smaller portions. GL
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • Options
    I work at a daycare, and most of the babies go through a phase around this age.  I would definitely call the dr, but try feeding him with a blanket covering you as if you were nursing.  Sometimes that helps.  The PP had great suggestions.  GL!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"