3rd Trimester

38.5 weeks and NO pre-labour symptoms?

I would have thought that by now I would have had some pre-labour symptoms... But I haven't "dropped," I haven't had any contractions or cramping, no loss of mucus plug, no increase in BH, no nesting urges, no backache. Nothing. My doctor hasn't even bothered checking my cervix because she says there's no point if I haven't dropped. I don't even really "feel" pregnant anymore unless I'm trying to do something that requires exertion of energy (or if I look down and see my giant belly).

Anyone else not have any symptoms at this point? It's not like I want to have the baby this weekend or anything, but I'd just like some sign that the end is in sight!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 38.5 weeks and NO pre-labour symptoms?

• I had absolutely NO pre-labor symptoms except that I was dialated 2 cm at 36 weeks (which you may be and not know it since your doc. didn't do an internal).  No BH, no ctx, the baby hadn't dropped, nothing.  My water broke at 39w2d (still hadn't had any contractions at that point) and I had my son 12 hours later.  Hang in there, it will be here before you know it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • No backache?? Crying I'm insanely jealous.?

?

Just keep reminding yourself you could go from 0-90 in no time flat. My SIL had NO labor signs, then her water broke at home and she had her baby in her arms a mere 3 hrs later. Don't get too discouraged.. enjoy feeling good. I feel like total crap after about an hour of being out of bed. ?

• Loading the player...
  • ...lol... you're so lucky to be feeling nothing... you may not see it right now, but if you had weeks and weeks of useless symptoms, that would make you much more frustrated and annoyed than feeling nothing.

just remember, most first-time babies are late. You may also be lucky enough to not have symptoms until the day-of-delivery.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dont feel bad honey... I am 39 weeks and still not even close to thinning out.. and havent dilated at ALL ... and the other day they said that my baby decided to flip around... so yeah.. i havent dropped one bit. Its frustrating!!

but baby will come when he comes.... blah!

• if your weight has stopped increasing that can also be a sign that you are "done". I felt increasingly better after that. You can't take feeling things as a sign either - take it from me. You know you are 38+ weeks though - so there is your sign!

• aciaacia member

Thanks for the support, ladies... It is frustrating, and I guess I am feeling a bit discouraged.

I've had a feeling from the beginning that this was going to be a late baby, and I've got no problem with that. But I REALLY don't want to be induced, and I'm so excited to meet our little girl! I guess I just need to keep myself busy and it will happen when it happens...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had no 'pre-labor' symptoms w/either until my water broke at 37.5 & 36.6 wks respectively.  I always looked like I carried high, but in reality my babies were actually very low & 'locked & loaded' weeks before I gave birth.  And as you can see, they were both early.  So you may not actually 'drop' in the sense that you're thinking- your baby may already be in the right spot.  Good for you for feeling well though.  I was miserable from 25w on in both of my pg's and near the end was pretty excruciating.  I was thankful to have gone into labor/delivered early on my own!  Never would have tried to go there, but since I did I appreciated being done w/my pg's. 
  • That's me as well!  Doctor says I have a small pelvis though, so if nothing happens by next week then we will discuss a c-section.  I'm fine with whatever, as long as the end result is a healthy baby!
  • Still nothing here, and I'm overdue!  I only know I'm having a BH if I happen to touch my belly and it's hard;  although I am guessing it's kind of nice to not go through the symptoms and have it lead to the same conclusion.
  • I think it would be easier if I wasn't getting BH that were timeble and hurt since 34 weeks.  My back has hurt for almost a month.  When they said it seems like you will go any day at my 34 week appointment I didn't expect to make it this far.  My blood pressure dropped back to normal just before we were going to have to take LO early, and everything has stayed normal.  I'm just hoping he is not to late at this point as my MW will not induce untill baby is in destress or I'm aproching 42 weeks.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• I hadn't had any symptoms until the day I went into labor (on my due date). No backache, no swelling, no BH, nothing. I even went for a 6 mile run the evening before I went into labor without any issues. I woke up the next morning and felt crampy. By 10 am I was in the hospital, by 3:40 pm I had my baby with a super fast and easy delivery.
  • I got nothin' either! I'm just trying to enjoy it... good luck!!  
  • same with me. He has dropped but still nothing else no dialation or anything.
  • I hate to say it, but with my first pregnancy I had nothing the entire way through.  The day before I had my son, I was only a finger-tip dilated...I had him at 41 weeks.

That doesn't mean that your labor couldn't come on quickly.  Good luck.

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nothing going for me...just hoping she comes by 40 weeks!
  • Don't feel bad as you can see you are in good company.  Also, you may be having bh and not even realize it.  That's what happened with me.  I didn't think that I was having anything but at my 38 week appointment my mw was like oooh there's a contraction.  I had no clue bc I didn't feel a thing!
  • ShiklaShikla member
    edited September 2013
    I'm with ya. 38.5 weeks and no symptoms whatsoever and to top it off I haven't gained a thing in 3 weeks. The baby is well-positioned however he/she is moving very little now as it is cramped in there. My doc wanted to do a sweep today but I opted to wait until closer to 40 weeks. She doesn't seem too concerned so I'm not. I wouldn't worry about it and just be glad you're feeling well.
  • I had none, either.  Went into labor at 38 weeks, 5 days.  The only "sign" I had was that my injured glut muscle started bothering me a couple of days before he was born, but that was a previous injury that was acting up, probably due to him changing positions in the womb.  Without that I would have had nothing.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• You're only 38 1/2w, you could seriously have another 3 1/2w to go or everything could change tomorrow.

Count your blessings cause a lot of us are miserable.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is from 2009. She has hopefully had the baby by now
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"