3rd Trimester

Stretch marks?

Do you have them?  If so, when did you get them?  does your mom have them also?

Just curious as t o when people started noticing theirs 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stretch marks?

• Mine started about 2 weeks ago
  • I noticed mine around 19 weeks.  My mom never had any and mine are pretty bad.  Crying
  • Loading the player...
  • Only on my boobs so far... got them a long time ago... after bfp when they grew ginormously.  Been pretty lucky with my belly.  Not sure if my mom does... I haven't asked.
  • I didn't get any with first pregnancy and still don't have any yet. I don't think my mom got them either.

While lotions help with dryness & itching, I think it really is genetic

• Got mine around 27-28 wks and they weren't that bad at first. They still aren't, but they  have progressively gotten longer and larger-I have them right around my belly button area. My mom never had them, but it looks like I got the short end of the stick. LOL!
  • I started getting them about 25 weeks and they just keep getting worse. I think my my also had them but I'm not sure.
    imageimage
  • Yeah they are everywhere started around 23 wks and it sucks so bad. My mom and sisters had them bad too so we just have crappy genetics.

• I think I got mine around 13 or 14 weeks.  My mom had them but her's weren't nearly as bad as mine are and she was pregnant with twins!
  • none yet and no
  • Mine started around 20 weeks. I was hoping that using cocoa butter would prevent them....NOPE! But yeah..my mom has some pretty terrible ones (she did after all have 3 kids)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First pregnancy I didn't get them until 37 weeks. Then they spread all over my lower abdomen!

This time I started getting them early.. like around 18 or so weeks. It's like the existing stretch marks are growing higher but I haven't noticed too many new ones.

My mom had 3 kids and doesn't have a single stretch mark.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • I have them. They started around 31 weeks for me. Not sure if my mom has any.

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I've got big ones on my belly.  I think mom had them too, but I never really noticed.  They started quite a few weeks ago.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just got them last week.  I was devastated for a few seconds.  I told my mom and she starts saying, "OH NO! Oh that's terrible!"  Except that she was being sarcastic about it and it took me a minute to figure that out.  She said she had them all over on her boobs.  Then upon closer examination, I found one on my boob.  Well she said they go away.  At some point she said that, "you have to suffer many indignities for babies."  Sometimes I tell myself that.  
  • I've had ones on my love handles since around 20 weeks and in the past month they have sprouted down the inside of both my thights. I thought they might be veins but my MW said they are stretch marks and rarely women will get them on their inner legs, "I'M SO LICKY"! My mom said she only got a few and they went away after my birth.
  • Oh, yes. I have many stretchmarks. I noticed one or two on my belly in the mid-20s, and then around 30 weeks they exploded all over my belly. Oddly, the left side is far worse than the right, even though the baby is more on the right side than the left.

I don't know whether my mom got stretch marks, though. Never asked.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just got them last weekend at 39+ weeks. And what a lovely surprise, they are on my lower belly and vag. Didn't know you could get them there!
  • I have two glorious sets that just popped up over the last couple of days on the underside of my belly. Oh well, I'm rubbing Mederma on them to help keep them soft (better than lotion) - it won't take them away but at least it should help minimize the damage.
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Stretchies on the hips & ass started in 2nd tri.

Got my first belly stretchie this week.  I named her Phyllis.

& yes, my mother had them.  Hell, I've had them since I was 12.

• None yet, but there's still time!  Tongue Tied  I check my belly every day expecting the worst.  I don't know if my mom had them - she died when I was little.
  • I got a couple on the lower left side of my back/side 2 weeks ago. Nothing on my right side or stomach so far. I hope i don't get too many!!
  • Just on the underneath part of my boobs, and I got those pretty early on. My mom didnt get any and neither did my sisters... ::crossing fingers::
  • I got a ton during my 1st pregnancy, they started about 30 weeks. I haven't noticed any new ones but there are already so many I probably wouldn't notice anyway. My mom had them too.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagekfrix13:
    I noticed mine around 19 weeks.  My mom never had any and mine are pretty bad.  Crying

Ditto. Except mine showed a lil' earlier. And everyone tells me how small I am...shoot size doesn't matter. I had them and I was still wearing my regular jeans for weeks....oh well. I got them for good reason :)

• I have them only my hips and ass and the hip ones hurt/itch. My mom also has them -  same location. I got them weeks and weeks ago.
  • My mom had a little one on her hip from when my sister was born (4th child).  I have a couple little ones on my inner thigh which came during my 40 week of pregnancy with my first child (I delivered at 41 weeks).
    Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't spotted any so far but I am still lathering on the cocoa butter.
  • started noticing small ones on my left boob and on my lower right side of the belly this week :( I've been good with the cocoa butter too!! :(
  • I started getting them at 34 weeks and now they're ALL OVER my belly below my belly button.  I can't really see down there so I didn't notice them at first--could've been there longer undetected.  My dermatologist saw them and said,'Oh, my. Those are really bad.'  Dermatologist said they're totally genetic but that very moisturizing lotion/belly butter can help lessen them and keep them from itching.  So moisturize away, ladies!!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • yes, my mom got stretch marks when she was preg.  I got stretch marks on my hips/ butt and boobs from puberty....but didn't get any stretch marks with DS and haven't gotten any yet with DD....

I know they say it is genetic...but all of that says I should have gotten them...my ritual....if it helps at all is that I use body show coco butter and then also the double action Mustella lotion on my belly....I also brush a body brush on my belly and the rest of my body when I shower....I read somewhere that helps because it keeps the circulation in your skin and keps the skin happy and healthy...

• I got them on my hips and tops of my thighs during puberty. During pregnancy I noticed them at like 14 weeks....especially on the insides of my thighs...awesome. They have now infiltrated the belly...oh well. Oh yeah and the top of my a$$ looks like a map of the Minnesota lakes...lol Good times! 

My mom also has them mostly on her legs and breasts. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got my first ones around 35 weeks and they have stayed pretty small, they are on my hips and butt. However I did notice a small one above my belly button and faint ones on my under belly that just showed up at 39 1/2 weeks. Thankgoodness we are being induced tomorrow before they have the time to get any worse.
  • I got them around 25 weeks.  It was like I went to bed and woke up with them.  And now I notice a few new ones here and there.  But I am lucky so far and they are only on my stomach. 

My mom got them when she was pregnant both times. 

• I started getting some on my boobs about my 6th or 7th week. It's funny, I expected them on my stomach, but for some reason didn't think that I might get them on my boobs. I'm 11 weeks now, and haven't had any show up anywhere else. But, they seem to be getting worse where they did show up.

I think my mom did the same thing, not sure if she got any on her stomach though.

But, I am wondering, does anyone know of anything that could help with the ones that I have? I got some Palmer's Stretch Mark... stuff, but I don't think it's working too well. Please help!

• 22 weeks. sigh.

My mom has none.

• My mom has tons of them, as do I. I started getting them around 4 months with my son, then around 6 months I started noticing new ones from this pregnancy.
  • I went up until my 7th month with no stretch marks, i used cocoa butter daily and thought i had avoided them. My mom has them though from both of her pregnancies and as soon as i had another big growth spurt i noticed them literally appearing out of nowhere both on my thighs and stomach. Unfortunately no amount of cream will ensure a stretch mark free pregnancy is all about your skins elasticity and chances are if your mom has them.. so will you. Fortunately after you give birth they start to dramatically lighten up.
  • I went my whole pregnancy without getting any, but a few weeks after I  gave birth I noticed a couple near my belly button. My mother got only a few on her lower back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"