1st Trimester

Charting Temps after a positive pregnancy test?

I was charting in order to get pg, now that I'm 5 weeks, I still take my temp in the morning. I just don't want it to drop suddenly one day. How soon after you found out that you were pg did you stop taking your temps?

Re: Charting Temps after a positive pregnancy test?

• a few days after my +hpt.  I didn't want to drive myself crazy everytime my temp went up or down.  temping while TTC was stressful enough w/ my erratic cycles. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I continued for a week, maybe longer, but then I decided that I was pregnant for sure and let nature take it's course and hope our LO stuck.

You worry no matter what, but I finally decided that rather than worry about it and always waking up to take it, even on the weekends, just wasn't worth it anymore. The extra sleep now was more important.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The day I got my BFP I put away my thermometer.  Your temperature can fluctuate while pregnant and you'll just make yourself nuts.  It's okay to stop temping!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Only a couple days.

I actually decided to stop right after bfp but out of habit kept shoving my thermometer in my mouth each morning.

I put it away.

No more temping for now.

• Thanks everybody! I am putting that thermometer away! You are all right, it's way too stressful.
  • imagesapgirl76:
    The day I got my BFP I put away my thermometer.  Your temperature can fluctuate while pregnant and you'll just make yourself nuts.  It's okay to stop temping!

You need to put the BBT down.  You are going to stress yourself out even more by temping.

• I got my bfp 3 days ago on 10 dpo.  I feel like I want to keep charting at least through my normal luteal phase, but we'll see.  I also can't stop taking HPT.  maybe I will become sane soon.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • My last temp was the day I got my BFP. I hated charting!
    10.11.07 ~ 04.08.10 ~ 08.11.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"