2nd Trimester

My dog stepped on my stomach

So I called the doctor this am and still have not heard back.  Granted my dog is only a 13lb Pomeranian, but it still hurt.  The receptionist in her office told me to call it, but I feel kinda like it really isn't an emergency since I'm not cramping or spotting.  I am a little sore where she stepped - which was belly button high, but closer to my side.

Do you think this garners a call to her emergency #? or should I just wait till tomorrow -  she is only in from 12-2 on Thursdays.

I know I am probably over reactting, but I don't have the best pregnancy record.

Thanks

Nikki

TTC Since March 2007 with PCOS & chromosomal translocation: M/C #1 January 22, 2008 at 4.5 weeks; M/C #2 Missed M/C - Natural M/C May 31, 2008 at 13 weeks; 5/2/09 - IUI - (Clomid with trigger injection also on Metformin and Progesterone) - BFP - 5/12/09 - Twins - lost Baby B at 9 weeks; 7/20/09 - Amnio; 1/10/10 - Gwendolyn Clarice born at 38 weeks 1 day - 5lbs 14oz and 19 inches long Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: My dog stepped on my stomach

• I wouldn't call the emergency number because it really is not a big deal. Your baby will be fine. My 30lbs+ toddler bounces of my belly daily. Those babes are well protected in there : )
  • I would think that it is nothing... but if you are still experiencing pain AND your doc has an emergency number, why not seek the reassurance? She'll at least be able to give you other symptoms to look for if something was wrong. This is what they get paid to do. :-) Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Being that she's only 13 lbs it's probably okay. My 4lb chihuahua runs across me all the time and I agree, it hurts. I would keep calling and annoy your doctor. Tell them you're bleeding if you get desperate ;)
    2 angel babies, 6 year old post Clomid. 
    Newly engaged and TTC 
  • At 16 weeks, the top of the uterus hasn't reached your belly button yet (that usually happens around 20w)

So if your dog stepped at belly button level, near your side, I'm guessing it was no where near your ute or baby  :)

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • my 22 lb pug walks all over me. It is a little tender when he just jumps on me in bed, but I haven't had any lingering pain from it or anything. does it feel bruised? are you getting stabbing pain? how intense is this pain you're still feeling?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It feels like a bruise, but I don't see anything. 
    TTC Since March 2007 with PCOS & chromosomal translocation: M/C #1 January 22, 2008 at 4.5 weeks; M/C #2 Missed M/C - Natural M/C May 31, 2008 at 13 weeks; 5/2/09 - IUI - (Clomid with trigger injection also on Metformin and Progesterone) - BFP - 5/12/09 - Twins - lost Baby B at 9 weeks; 7/20/09 - Amnio; 1/10/10 - Gwendolyn Clarice born at 38 weeks 1 day - 5lbs 14oz and 19 inches long Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ouch! My 13 pound cats do that all the time. And, I especially love it when they push off my boob to run away. Thanks guys! I hope you feel better! Call the doc if you are hurting! The baby is probably fine, but some reassurance from the doc is always helpful.
  • Our pup has jumped on my belly a few times, although it is a little painful, I am pretty sure it wont hurt the baby at all. I haven't even called the doctor. If you are not bleeding I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Not an emergency - especially if you aren't have any spotting or cramping.  We have a 60 pound puppy - and he flopped right on my belly a few weeks ago and all is well.

Try to relax.

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Nah - my 75 lb dog gut punched me a few weeks ago and everything is fine (verified by u/s yet again on Monday) so I am sure you are ok!
  • imageNMW76:
    It feels like a bruise, but I don't see anything. 

personally, i wouldn't worry about it, but if it makes you feel better to hear it from the doctors mouth, I would just go ahead and call.  Hope you feel better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • you should be fine - babies are well-cushioned! If you're getting stressed out, call if it makes you feel better!
  • My 13lb jack russell walks all over my belly, not as much now that I am gotten bigger but he still uses it as a step stool to give my puppy kisses. Unless you start feeling cramps I would not worry too much.
    imageimage
  • Thanks Ladies! I feel a better. I know I over react about a lot of things these days, but it is hard not too :)

I think I will go home relax, put my feet up and have DH cook dinner.  If I am not feeling well in the morning, I will give the emergency number a call.

• imageNMW76:

Thanks Ladies! I feel a better. I know I over react about a lot of things these days, but it is hard not too :)

I think I will go home relax, put my feet up and have DH cook dinner.  If I am not feeling well in the morning, I will give the emergency number a call.

I don't think you're overreacting. I have a shitty m/c history as well (this baby was a twin. this pregnancy has been impossible to not worry through) and I will go as far as anything for something that seems trivial to others but freaks me out to get piece of mind. 

2 angel babies, 6 year old post Clomid. 
    Newly engaged and TTC 
  • I have a 20lbs terrier, a 60lbs lab mix, and a 3 year old step-daughter. Lots of bouncing, hitting, tripping, falling, etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you're not cramping or spotting.

But I would probably feel the same way as far as precautions go if I had your M/C history.

Congratulations and good luck!

• I had a 2 1/2 year-old girl little girl literally jump directly on my stomach and the baby is fine. It hurt like h*ll and I nearly puked, but the baby didn't get hurt.
  • I'm pretty sure the baby is fine. ?It's pretty well protected inside of you.?
  • If you're worried, you should go for your own peace of mind.  If it makes you feel any better though my 27 lb. cockapoo jumped straight on my stomach a few week ago and I am fine. :)  Good luck to you.
  • im sure you're fine... i often wake up to my dog thinking my large belly is a perch for him to look out our bedroom window... sad that he even knows the biggest thing in the room is me...haha

babies are very well protected =)

• My 50 pound husky jumps off my belly if I don't turn quickly enough when I let her in the house after work.  No problems here.  It's funny she's not happy when she gets my knee in her stomach though.
  • If you are at all nervous or worried, call your doctor. That's what they are there for. Don't torture yourself because someone else says you're fine.

And to the PP who suggested lying about bleeding...that is the worst advice I have ever heard. Even if you were kidding, it's not funny.

• I wouldn't worry my 100 pound black lab runs into me at full speed on a weekly basis and my baby is just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"