Minnesota Babies
Options

Possibly moving to MN, some questions....

My husband is currently interviewing with a company in Minneapolis & thinks he has a pretty good shot at getting the job. So already, I've started looking at houses, preschools, etc...

We currently live in FL, so this move would be a huge adjustment for us, I think....especially for me (grew up in Miami, so like 40 is freezing to me)...

We lived in Ohio for a couple of years, so I have experienced some winters, lol. But, that was pre-kids.

Basically, my concern is that during the winter months, there will be nothing to do with my 2 little ones. They are 4 & 2 and love being outside. I guess, I'm looking to find out what life is like for you guys with little ones.

Everyone (that I know here) just talks about the malls, but that's not very interesting to the kids:)

Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

Re: Possibly moving to MN, some questions....

• Options

We just moved here from CA, so I understand your concern about the winters! I've been in this area before (family) so I was pretty at ease with the winters. While we don't have any kids YET (Due in Feb.)... I can tell you that there is tons to do here in the winter for all ages. We have trails behind our house that people use year round... if you take one of them, you're maybe a quarter of a mile away from an outdoor rink... there are tons of indoor activities and sports... and I would have to say that as much as the Mall of America is annoying to me, kids seem to love it!!!

Make the move!!!  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    oh... and I also live across the street from a lady who runs a daycare out of her house... and those kids are out there in Feb. playing football and baseball!!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BJKLBJKL member
    You will find alot of great activities here in the winter.  There are numerous indoor playgrounds which are surprisingly big!  Also lots of indoor pools and waterparks.  We have a wonderful Childrens' Museum and a great Science Museum as well.  The Minnesota Zoo is about 50% indoors so that is also very fun in the winter.  You will not find a lack of things to do if you seek them out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Thanks so much!

You guys have made me feel a TON better about the possible move:)

• Options
    There are a bunch of indoor playgrounds that a relatively inexpensive to go to. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Don't forget about sledding, ice skating, and building snowmen/snow angels/ etc!! :)
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hello & welcome (early) to MN - There are lots to do other then hanging at the mall
  • Options

There is sooo much to do outside in the winter! I think most kids favorite activity would probably be sledding! Seriously, we would be outside for HOURS as kids going up and down the little hill in our yard. And of course making snowmen and snow forts is fun too!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"