New Mexico Babies
Options

++diamondcks++

Hey there, You are closest in distance to me.  I live North of Santa Fe.  Just curious where you are going to take birthing classes?  At the hospital in LA?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ++diamondcks++

• Options
    Wow, we are due almost the same time!  I did sign up for the 5 class series at the LA hospital, it sounds pretty good, but I was thinking about maybe taking another class that focuses on med-free births, I haven't really looked in to that much though.  What are you planning on doing?
  • Options

My doctor just gave me a few sources to check in Santa Fe.  I haven't called yet.  She said SF Birthing Community offers a class focused on med free birthing.  The number is 982-2929.  Not sure if you want to drive to Santa Fe.  I work in Santa Fe so it is easier for me.  Kind of hard though because SO works in Los Alamos.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Looks like we do have just about the same due date and both boys!
  • Options

I see a play group waiting to happen!

Thanks for the information.  I found their website and emailed them to see when classes occur, I will let you know when I get a response.

Are you delivering in SF?

• Options
    Yes, I am planning to birth at St. Vincents.  Not too many options around here...
  • Options
    Elizabeth from Birthing From Within wrote me back right away and said she doesn't have classes scheduled for my due date yet, but will soon and put me on the contact list.
  • Options
    Cool well hopefully we can sign up for the same class.  That would be nice!
  • Options
    congrats on 20w!
  • Options

Thanks!  You too!  Halfway there...

Are you planning to register?  I was planning to get started registering in the next couple of weeks but the options are so limited.  I went to Target and they barely have any stuff in stock.  We have no Babys R Us...I guess we'll have to go to ABQ to register. 

• Options

I've already registered, but keep changing things  ;)

Just like you I wasn't impressed with Target, but did register there because I had received something in the mail that gave me a $20 gift cert for starting a registry, plus I figured a few people wouldn't want to order online or go further than that.

We did most of our registering at Babies R Us in Abq and I registered for a few things that neither of those places had on Amazon.

• Options

We went to check out BRU in Abq over the weekend.  We didn't start the registry yet but at least now I have a better idea of what they carry. 

What are you plans for childcare?  I'm not sure after my 3 mths off what the plan is going to be.  We may have MIL babysit 3-4 days out of the week or I may need to look into daycare for a few days a week.  Do you know of anyplace in Los Alamos?

• Options

My MIL will be watching him.  She lives about 3 miles from us and is sooo excited.  I'm planning to go 3/4 time and have DH and I arrange our schedules so she has him about 5 hours a day.

I have a friend that just moved her 1 and 4 year olds to Bilingual Montessori in White Rock and seems to be thrilled.

• Options

That place looks great for kids over age one or two.  Not sure if exposure to spanish is really necessary as a newborn. 

Well let me know if you hear of anything else!

• Options
    Do you have IM: Yahoo, gmail, aim, etc?  I keep finding adorable links, and my non-preg friends just don't care enough  ;)  If so you should email me your handle at my user name at yahoo.com.
  • Options
    I sent you a PM.  I'm not supposed to get on gmail at work.
  • Options
    Ha, I can definitely say that it doesn't help my productivity.  I won't let myself get on thebump, I would never get anything done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"