3rd Trimester
Options

question about fluid leak

I thought this morning i may have been leaking some fluid, when i woke up, but things seem to be okay...

Just curious if anyone leaked fluid, or went to the hospital to have it checked out, how do they check that? Or when should i consider myself leaking fluid?

Re: question about fluid leak

• Options

there is a test that they can do at the Doctor's office or the hospital to determine if it is amniotic fluid you are leaking.  Its a test strip I think, kind of like the ones they use to check for sugar in your urine.

• Options
    They will test the liquid and see if it is discharge, sweat, pee or if its amniotic fluid. Amniotic fluid keeps replenishing itself so it won't stop flowing/leaking. Also, it will be usually worse when you lay down instead of standing up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did. I thought I had a leak due to some extra physical stress I put myself through. I was scarred because I am not full term yet. I had it checked out. My Dr said your body gets ready for delivery and lubricates the birth canal. He said the vagina can hold lots of fluid (like a champagne flute) and sometimes that will leak. He checked me out just to make sure I wasn't dialated and there wasn't a leak in my cervix. Turns out its just natural fluid. I am not as far along as you tho and I have no idea how much you are leaking. Mine soaked my underwear one day. Everything is normal tho. Get it checked out, it never hurts to be sure.
  • Options

This happened to me over the weekend.  I first felt a small gush of fluid on Friday, called my OB's office.  They had me come in right away.  Basically, they use a speculum and a swab and test it against some paper.  If the paper turns blue, then it's amniotic fluid.  Mine didn't, so I was sent home and told to call back if it continued.  Well, I continued to leak fluid and was just constantly wet, so went to L&D on Saturday morning.  Turns out it was just wet discharge. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"