Infertility
Options

How much money do you give for a Baptism??

I have a baptism to go to for one of DH's cousins this weekend - I just got a card - but how much money do I put in it - I have no clue.

I also have a graduation party next weekend - another one of DH's cousins graduated from the Police Academy - how much money do I put in his card.

TIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much money do you give for a Baptism??

• Options

IDK - it depends on how close they are to me and I also base it on how much they are paying per plate (if in Restaurant) and cover our plates and gift a little something extra.  I'm Italian and calculating how much to put into an envelope is an art my mom has perfected :) 

If it was in someone's house I would give them both $100

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options
    How old is the cousin getting baptized?  If it is an infant I wouldn't give cash.  If it is a young kid to teen I would give about $50.  Anyone older I wouldn't give cash.  For the graduate I would probably give about $100 (but anything between $50 and $100 would be acceptable).
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I usually give gifts for Baptisms.  I think I spend around $25-30 unless I'm really close to the baby, then I might go a little higher.

For graduations, I usually do $40-50 if their not close to us and ~$75 if they are.  I've been told this is high though, so less should be totally fine. 

ETA:  Holy crap, I can't imagine sending graduates $100 each. lol  That would have been almost $1k for us this year within 2.5 months! 

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For the baptism, probably $50. For the graduation from the Academy, $100?
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I usually do $50 for a baptism. Graduation, depending how close either $50 or $100.
  • Options
    100 for Baptism or Graduation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"