Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Why do toys cost so much?

They are plastic! ?The markup on these toys is insane, especially the ones that take batteries. ?The FP Laugh and Learn House, kitchen etc. cost $80! ?I just bought DD the FP Laugh and Learn Vacuum for $25. ?Crazyness.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Emily 8.8.08
Madeline 1.2.11
William 8.5.12

Re: Why do toys cost so much?

• I know! I want to buy DS some more Handy Manny toys but they are so expensive!
  • Cruise some garage sales.  Today, I just got a Dora motorize bike for $15 when it retails at $50.
    My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto garage sales. DD has a TON of garage sale toys...they're plastic and easily washed/cloroxed/etc.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers DX-unexplained infertility January 2010 IUI #1-BFN February 2010 IUI #2-BFP! (Cycle 21) *Beta #1 2/23 126 (14DPIUI)*Beta #2 2/25 311 (16DPIUI)* *Beta #3 3/4 6,313 (23DPIUI)* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Also, try CraigsList.  I got what would have easily been $75 in Fisher Price toys for $20.  And when I got there, the woman was so nice.  We got to talking and she threw in a free talking Elmo doll.  :)
  • I hear you!  Luckily a month or so ago, I found an awesome secondhand shop near me that sells just kids/toddlers/infant stuff.  I got the FP vacuum for $4, the piggy bank for $3, and a few other great, practically new toys for under $6 each...and they all work and have all their pieces!  Maybe try that route! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also check out some consignment shops. Believe it or not, a lot of parents keep their toys in good condition so when you buy used, it's like it was never used (minus the batteries). There are some reallly good steals at those placese, especially if the item has been there for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"