Philadelphia Babies

Food Allergies...Symptoms in Infants?

Hey Guys,

What are the symptoms of a food allergy in infants?  I am introducing new food to my 8 month old and my husband has food allergies so I want to know what to look for...  I appreciate any help and insight!!! : ) Thanks : )

Re: Food Allergies...Symptoms in Infants?

• My daughter has allergies to to milk, wheat and egg. When she was born she was on a milk based formula and had excema all over her body. She was also really gassy, grumpy and had tons of stomach issues. After we switched her to soy she was fine. However, I gave her a pancake made with egg yolks (before I knew of the allergy) and she had an immediate reaction. She took one bit of it and spit it out, I thought she didn't like it, the doctor later told us it probably burned her. About an hour later she turned bright red and had a rash all over her body. It was horrible and she was rushed to the doctor. Everything turned out okay - but the doctor told us to look for any rashes, they usually appear within the first 2 hours. Also, any changes in spitting up, bowel movements etc. We just follow the 4 day rule and everything has been fine. good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"