Philadelphia Babies

If your a working mom - POLL

Do you use daycare?

Nanny?

How did you find out about it (daycare) or him/her (nanny)?

How many lo's?

How much per month?

How many hours/week?

How long have you been doing this? 

Is this your first, or have you made a switch?

What daycare do you use/or how did you find your nanny?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your a working mom - POLL

• Responded on 0-6!

Congrats BTW!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Awwww - thanks!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • How are you feeling? Do you think the baby is another boy or  do you think a girl?

• Do you use daycare? I will be starting in October

Nanny? Nope

How did you find out about it (daycare) or him/her (nanny)?  Word of mouth.

How many lo's? Just one

How much per month? $1100

How many hours/week?  40 hours per week

How long have you been doing this? Haven't started yet

Is this your first, or have you made a switch?  Our first

What daycare do you use/or how did you find your nanny?  The Malvern School

• Do you use daycare? Yes.  Well, it's a FT nursery school.

Nanny? I did with my 2nd for about 9 months

How did you find out about it (daycare) or him/her (nanny)?  Found both on Craigslist!

How many lo's?  2

How much per month?  $1,018

How many hours/week? Noah 27hrs, Carter 18hrs or less

How long have you been doing this?  Since Noah was 1.5. Before that all family watched him.

Is this your first, or have you made a switch? Thiss is the only place I've had my kids.

What daycare do you use/or how did you find your nanny: We go to an in-home school in Wayne.  If you need the info, PM me.

How did you find out about it (daycare) or him/her (nanny)?  Found both on Craigslist!

How many lo's?  2

How long have you been doing this?  Since Noah was 1.5. Before that all family watched him.

Is this your first, or have you made a switch? Thiss is the only place I've had my kids.

What daycare do you use/or how did you find your nanny: We go to an in-home school in Wayne.  If you need the info, PM me. It's s

How many lo's?  2

What daycare do you use/or how did you find your nanny: We go to an in-home school in Wayne.  If you need the info, PM me. It's about $55/day per child, but she doesn't take them until they're 1 and steadily walking.

• imageCMDR513:
    How are you feeling? Do you think the baby is another boy or  do you think a girl?

Hey!!!  I'm feeling GREAT!  Sleepy still, but really great : )  I'm not sure what I'm having (boy/girl).  It's much easier to think boy (since I carried one to full term, and we were 100% prepped for a boy)....  But, who knows?  I DO know that my skin isn't breaking out, I'm craving the same as before  (salt, pickles, hot peppers), I don't look preggo at all from the back, but from the front you can see a little bump (which just looks like I ate a bagel), and from the side you can notice the bump MUCH more (all this - in OLD WIVES TALE - points to BOY : )  But - who knows?!?!?

How are YOU feeling?!?

• Do you use daycare? Yes. 

Nanny? No

How did you find out about it (daycare) or him/her (nanny)?  Drive by it on my way to work

How many lo's?  1

How much per month?  $1,170

How many hours/week? 40-45

How long have you been doing this?  Since ELla was 3 mos (Feb '09)

Is this your first, or have you made a switch? First

What daycare do you use/or how did you find your nanny: The Malvern School

• Glad to hear that you're feeling great!!! Your OWT made me giggle. I hope you do have a boy. Are you guys planning to find out?

I'm doing well. Enjoying my summer off. I so do not want to go back to school in Sept. I don't feel like organizing and setting up my classroom.

• Do you use daycare?

Nanny?

How did you find out about it (daycare) or him/her (nanny)? word of mouth, referrals

How many lo's? one big one and one little one

How much per month? for David, I paid i think about 200 per week. For now, JD is free since he is with grammy, will be starting daycar in the fall

How many hours/week? full time 8-4

How long have you been doing this?  since David was a year old

Is this your first, or have you made a switch? ??

What daycare do you use/or how did you find your nanny? NA

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • imageCMDR513:

Glad to hear that you're feeling great!!! Your OWT made me giggle. I hope you do have a boy. Are you guys planning to find out?

I'm doing well. Enjoying my summer off. I so do not want to go back to school in Sept. I don't feel like organizing and setting up my classroom.

Yeah - I'm glad I'm feeling well too : )  Those OWT's make me crazy!!!  lol...  We are planning to find out, and I can't wait!  We have an u/s next Thursday (one day before 15 weeks), so I think that's too early - then we have another on 9/3 (at 18 weeks) - which is 2 days b4 my birthday - - - hopefully I'll get a birthday surprise!!!

LOVE that you have summers off - SO jealous!  My dream is to become an ElEd teacher - I actually started my masters while I was preggo with Jack - got one class in & had to stop (the whole stillbirth thing put it on hold).  I really want to get certified though...  and possibly become a teacher's aid in the mean time.  Do you suggest a certain route to complete the cert?  Or, do you know of any schools who hire assistants (with only a bachelors in public relations - not education)? 

• erbearerbear member

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Do you use daycare? yes

Nanny? no

How did you find out about it (daycare) or him/her (nanny)? word of mouth. I asked around at school

How many lo's? 9-11 babies, 3 teachers

How much per month? about $1000

How many hours/week? 7:30-5:30, 5 days/week

How long have you been doing this?  starting in November

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • DD will be starting daycare in October.

3 days a week $900 a month

My mom and MIL are doing the other two days.

• I remembered about the whole Masters thing because we were actually emailing each other when you got pregnant w/ Jack. That's so weird that your B-day is the 5th. That's when we had our Big U/S- last yr. Most schools will hire aides without the certification. The pay isn't that good though. Perhaps you can send your resume out to various districts. What school did you start your Masters? I ended up finishing mine last Summer at Cabrini. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Take care.

Carolina

• imageCMDR513:

I remembered about the whole Masters thing because we were actually emailing each other when you got pregnant w/ Jack. That's so weird that your B-day is the 5th. That's when we had our Big U/S- last yr. Most schools will hire aides without the certification. The pay isn't that good though. Perhaps you can send your resume out to various districts. What school did you start your Masters? I ended up finishing mine last Summer at Cabrini. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Take care.

Carolina

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now I totally remember going back & forth - - - you really helped me alot!!!  Thanks for that, BTW : )  9/5 is a good day : )  I do know the pay isn't great....  HOW "not great" - I'm not sure...  But, if, say there was a daycare on site, with reduced cost for employees, it could end up okay.  I don't HAVE to make THAT much.  Plus, I'd love to get my foot in the door & get back to my plan to teach!  I started my Masters at Chestnut Hill College............  I'll look around and see what I find (although, this is something I'd do in a year or more).  If I have any questions, I'll let you know!

Thanks Carolina : )

Marnie

• Marnie,

Check out Pareap.net

Here's 1 posting that may help

https://www.pareap.net/job_postings/12398/PA01/PA01

Best of luck!

Carolina

• imageCMDR513:

Marnie,

Check out Pareap.net

Here's 1 posting that may help

https://www.pareap.net/job_postings/12398/PA01/PA01

Best of luck!

Carolina

Thank you - thank you!!!!

• Happy to help!

• Do you use daycare?  We will be once baby is here

Nanny? No

How did you find out about it (daycare) or him/her (nanny)?

How many lo's?  Waiting on #1.

How much per month?  $280/week

How many hours/week?  50 - 60

How long have you been doing this?  NA

Is this your first, or have you made a switch? NA

What daycare do you use/or how did you find your nanny?  Kinder Care in KOP.  Needed something close to our home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"