Infertility
Options

Low Morph - please help!

They said the preliminary result showed 1%. ?I am overwhelmed by googling. ?Please tell me your experiences! ?Thanks :)

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Low Morph - please help!

• Options

My H morph was 1% using strict Kruger.  We already have one son together and the same month he had the S/A done, we got pregnant. 

Read Dr. Licciardi's blog.  It was a HUGE source of comfort for me as he addresses this exact issue!!!!  Good Luck and don't worry ( I know--easier said than done)  all it takes is 1 good swimmer!!!!

Here is the link for his blog.  You can search under low morph and find the entry he wrote about it.  Hope it helps.

https://infertilityblog.blogspot.com/

• Options
    MAK06MAK06 member
    Thank you so much!

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At the same time there are those of us out there whose DH's have low morph (and no other IF DX) who were unable to get pg w/o IVF w/ICSI.

Morph is a tricky thing and there are a lot of opinions out there as to whether it plays a role in IF. 

I suggest you have another SA since results can change dramatically from one to the next, and if the problem is still there set up an appointment with a urologist who specializes in MFI. 

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My DH has low morph and we've basically been told some form of insemination is really our only option. IUI will give us a chance, IVF with ICSI will give us a decent chance.

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options

I agree with pper. SAs can vary greatly from sample to sample so make sure your DH does at least a second.  They may refer him to a urologist to determine if there is some kind of reason for the morph issues.

The blog mentioned above is an excellent resource & was very helpful to me when researching. 

There are several treatment options depending on the cause (clomid pills. hcg shots, surgery) but their effectiveness varies.  Many couples dealing with male factor issues end up doing iui or ivf. 

Wishing you the best of luck. 

PS We have an MFI Support Check In every Monday...you are welcome to join and ask whatever questions anytime. It is a great group of women and we have many combined hours of research time logged! 

• Options
    H's morphology was terrible w/his first analysis. the urologist's analysis showed a little improvement. the SA he had after my first fibroid surgery was better yet and the analysis he had on the sample he gave to freeze right before we started stimming for our first IVF attempt was the best of them all. granted, none of them got into the normal range, but they definitely gave the embryologist something work with. not sure if they told H what the analysis was of the day of the ER, but we have 3 embies working on snuggling in as i type. :)
    "A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DH's initial SA was 4%, then the day of our first ER it was 3%.  we ICSI'd all 20 eggs and only 5 fertilized.  

the second time around we again ICSI'd all 20 eggs and this time 10 fertilized (1 abnormally).

i agree w/ pp that things change - your H makes new sperm every 3 months.  i had MH take B complex, folic acid, and a multivitamin before our 2nd IVF.  can't say if that helped, but it worked for us.

GL!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My dh morph was 0% we've only had one s/a...the same month he got those results we got pregnant...and lost that baby at 9 weeks...all looked perfect up until that point.  Havn't had any other testing on his part and am sort of thinking on starting back up my clomid cycles (after a couple break cycles for financial reasons) without getitng him checked again....i mean i've gotten pg 2x...how bad can it be? unless its cuasing our m/c..which some people say is a possibility..others just dont know
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Options
    You guys give me hope.  My husband had 0% morph. this winter and underwent varicocele surgery at the end of March.  We just got his first post-op SA results back this past Wednesday and it went up to 1% which the doctor was encouraged by and he seems to be confident that I will get pregnant naturally.  I hope he's right.  I would have liked to see the morph be higher, but I guess it wasn't 0% again, at least.  I just keep questioning things lately - it's really tough.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"