Phoenix Babies
Options

how long were you in hospital after delivering?

it probably varies by hospital (i'm going to be at banner desert if anyone has delivered there), but was just curious as to what the 'norm' is in our area for vaginal delivery v csection.

Thanks!  :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how long were you in hospital after delivering?

• Options
    I had vaginal delivery at tbird and would have gone home the next day under normal circumstances but I had kidney stuff goin on so they kept me another night. Pretty sure the norm is 1 day for vaginal and 3 for c but I could be wrong
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I haven't even been in for my first prenatal appt yet, let alone delivered! But I think your stay will also depend on your insurance coverage. My insurance covers 48rhs for vaginal and 96hrs for c-section (both w/out pre-auth for addt'l time). Best of luck to you and your family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I delivered my daughter I had a fever, so she was born with a high temp and they kept us for a full 48 hours. After my son was born I only stayed at the hospital for 28 hours. I think it depends on your doctor and the circumstances surrounding the birth.
  • Options
    I had a vag birth at SD/Shea. I delivered at 10pm on Friday and I went home Sunday afternoon. They said I could have gone home Saturday afternoon but DS was in the NICU for a few hrs since he had some fluid in his lungs so they wanted to keep him there a bit longer. GL!!
  • Options

Your insurance is required to pay 48 hours after a normal vaginal delivery.  If you have complications (infection or pre-e) you stay until that resolves and your insurance will pay.  Most moms with kids at home want to go home on the day after they deliver.  You are required to stay 24 hours to monitor for infection, pre-e, and bleeding.

Your insurance is required to pay for 4 days after a routine c-section.  Some women will go home 2-3 days after depending on how they feel.  This usually depends also on how much their husband is hounding them to come home and take care of their other kids.  But again if there are complications, the patient stays until they are resolved and the insurance pays.  Again, you're required to stay 24 hours.

Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"