Stay at Home Moms
Options

What is your most memorable moment during labor- MINUS

... what is your most memorable moment during your labor experience MINUS the obvious seeing your DC for the first time, holding DC etc.

What do you remember or what sticks out the most during the process of being in labor.

any good stories?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: What is your most memorable moment during labor- MINUS

• Options

I had a primary (scheduled) c/s, so I never went through laborr.

However the most memorable moment would be when the nurse was asking who DD's pediatrician would be as she was inserting my iv.  I realized she'd be born in a few minutes! 

• Options
    Crying because I was SO happy when the epidural guy showed up and the epidural kicked in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have two things.

We took HypnoBirth classes when I was pregnant with Ben.  I was committed to a med-free birth and once I looked into HypnoBirthing, I loved what it stood for and the whole concept made so much sense to me.  When I was in labor, I was amazed how easily I was able to relax and do my breathing when a contraction came on.  It made the pain so much more bearable.  I just remember walking the halls with DH and each time I'd have another contraction, I'd stop, grab the hand rail, close my eyes and do my breathing.  It was amazing.  And I am someone who does not have a very high pain tolerance.

Also, Ben was in distress at the end of my labor (his heartbeat kept dropping into the low 80s/high 70s) and my MW had to dilate me when I got to 8cm (which I didn't even know they could do) because we were running out of time.  She got me to 10cm and then told me I had to push.  At first, I was so caught up in the moment and worried about Ben , that I was half-heartedly pushing.  She looked up at me and said, "Cheryll, I need you to focus and push this baby out - now!"  So, I closed my eyes, really concentrated, gave three huge pushes and he was out.  I remember being so in awe at the female body, the miracle it is to bring another life into this world ...and was proud of myself for making my body do what it needed to do to get my son out safely.

• Options

Maybe a little TMI, but oh well.  To start out I was huge and hadn't shaved "down there" in a few weeks.  I was pushing and didn't feel like I was making any progress.  The nurses said "Look at that head of hair!  He has lots of dark hair!"  To which I yelled back, "That's not him!"  It was him, and was not my finest moment, but it is what I remember most about labor and delivery.

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

The doctor commenting on the fact my white socks were still white.

My labor was FAST and I pushed 3 times and she was out. It was all very clean.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Having the dr come in with the portable ultrasound and after a few minutes saying "sooo, when did your baby flip?"  And then having my two friends who were in the room laugh at me because breech = c/s (I'd planned on going natural).  They felt really bad later, but man I was glad they were there.  Them laughing made ME laugh and I knew that everything would be fine. 
  • Options
    KL777KL777 member

DH's incredible support while I was going through L&D.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    imageKL777:

DH's incredible support while I was going through L&D.

This and my epidural wearing off once at the beginning of me pushing and then as soon as the vaccum was attached. I had a med-free birth on accident. Although it wasn't quit like I planned, I'm proud of the fact that I was able to push DH out without meds.

• Options
    I about cried of happiness when the doctor finally asked if I was okay with a c-section ... after 28 hours of labor, 16 on Pit with failed epidurals. Yeah, having an epi redone while breathing through major contractions is super fun. Especially when it's worthless.
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetigergirl14:

Maybe a little TMI, but oh well.  To start out I was huge and hadn't shaved "down there" in a few weeks.  I was pushing and didn't feel like I was making any progress.  The nurses said "Look at that head of hair!  He has lots of dark hair!"  To which I yelled back, "That's not him!"  It was him, and was not my finest moment, but it is what I remember most about labor and delivery.

HAHAHA!!  That is so funny Big Smile

• Options

Mine was how incredibly hot I got while I pushed.  I pushed for two hours, completely naked because I couldn't stand it!  The kicker is that I'm usually always cold!  The poor nurse attending with my midwife kept getting "cool" washcloths for my head and chest.  But maybe 30 seconds after she put them on I threw them back to her saying they weren't cold enough.  I wasn't nasty about it, but I'm sure they thought I was nutty! 

I just kept telling my DH that the next baby I have will be in the winter so I can push in the snow and won't have to worry about being so hot!!

And for the record- even though I'm delivering this babe in late October, I bought a fan to bring with me so keep me cool--- hopefully! :)

• Options
    lol @ pushing in the show. that is classic.
  • Options

Totally random memories from labor 

I went through 17 hours of labor without any meds- just breathing and getting through it. (i didn't care either way about being medicated or going natural)-

DH (God love him) was sooo unhelpful- but at least stayed out of my way and didn't say anything stupid. He just sat there doing a crossword puzzle book. AND went to the giftshop to buy another one when he finished...

However after i got my epidural- he turned the TV on and was like, 'ALL RIGHT, a marathon of Deadliest Catch is on. I was like are you FREAKIN kidding me.... ???- like i really want to watch crab pots being pulled from the Bering Sea during labor. I still bust his chops whenever I catch Deadliest Catch on TV

• Options
    how quickly it went and how happy i was about it!  that and my epi wore off on my last push - ouch - i felt the tear - ouch!
  • Options
    How quickly I went from nothing to labor to delivery.  We made it to the ER at 3pm and at 3:31pm, DD#2 was born.  DH was still registering me and the dr was en route.  A resident delivered her.  I truly thought I was gonna be on the 6pm news...mother delivers on way to hospital!
  • Options
    I remember how AMAZING DH was for all 30 hours of my med free labour and birth. But mostly I remember the first words out of my mouth when it was done and I was holding DS: "that sucked".
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't remember much! ?I was induced 11 days after my due date but I was sooo nervous. ?I remember panicking and asking the doctor who was getting ready to start my Pitocin if he thought I should just go home and come back later in the week. ?He was so thrown off that he stumbled, "Um, um, if you want... but you'll need to come back within the next few days, you know!"
  • Options
    My delivery was something out of the movies. 9 days early, nothing packed, water breaks at home on a Sunday night at 111pm after watching desperate housewives, contractions begin immediately, running around the house trying to pack a bag and call the doctor, getting pulled over by police because dh was speeding, baby out in 5 pushes without the doctor in the room...it was chaotic!!!! PS - I did get the epi, thank goodness!
  • Options

My DH and I were just rehashing labor because my BFF had a baby this week.  Both her labors were about 4 hours long, and I'm totally jealous.  What I remember most about my labor is that it was LONG.  33 hours in the hospital long.  I don't remember the pain, even though I tried to go med-free for, I think, 17 or 18 hours (then I needed to rest and gave up!).

In all that time, all I remember was bouncing on the ball a lot.  There was a one-hour period after the epidural when they had me on an oxygen mask because DD's heartbeat slowed, or something, and I hated it.  I really loved the pushing; I felt so strong.  But otherwise, it was pretty uneventful, just took forever.

• Options
    Well... I guess it would have to be the fact that my DH didn't make it there and I gave birth med free totally unintentionally.
  • Options
    My dr., nurses, and dh talking about the show that was on tv.
  • Options
    The anesthesiologist finally showing up and asking if I wanted the epidural now.  And me realizing I really needed to start pushing right then and that I'd be going natural.  It was both terrifying and empowering at the same time. 
  • Options

With DD#1 I was in hard labor for 6 hours (out of 27 total).   Around hour 4 of that hard labor, my now ex asked me if a local fast food restaurant was still open (it was midnight) so he could get some food!  I hadn't eaten real food in over a day, I was exhausted, I had contractions coming every other minute while DD was taking her sweet time, and that man was asking ME about food.

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When my DS's head crowned the dr was rinsing his head with water and said to my mom "Looks like this baby has your hair color grandma" to which my mom responded "whisper soft blonde number 10".  My DH cracked up because he, for some odd reason, always knows my mom's hair color name. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"