Philadelphia Babies

Riddle Hospital: Dr Kuroki's OB office? Anyone go there?

Hi there,
I just found out my OB/GYN is no longer and OB/GYN and she is only practicing GYN. I made an appointment with Dr. Kuroki's office and they assigned me to Dr. Turado but said I would be going on rotation to get used to the 3 OB's within the practice since one of them would be doing my delivery. Has anyone delivered with any of these doctors or know anyone who has? I looked them all up online and really couldn't find much as far as reviews go. I'm originally from Bucks County so this is a new area for me and my husband.

Thank you in advance,

Jenn

Re: Riddle Hospital: Dr Kuroki's OB office? Anyone go there?

• I don't have advice for you, but did you go to Dr. Ludwig?  I recently got a card in the mail that my practice (Granite Run) was breaking up.
  • I am also a new patient at this practice.  My first appointment was with Dr. Tirado 2 weeks ago.  The practice itself seems nice and I like that I will have admitting priveledges at Riddle Memorial Hospital. But, in my short experience within the last two weeks I have been extremely dissapointed in the level of communication that they offer to thier patients. Aside from having an actual appointment, I feel like it is nearly impossible to get a real person on the phone.  They only take calls from 9am to 4pm, with an hour and half break for lunch and at thier discretion the practice will close early with no notice and thier lunch almost always runs late.  I have not had any issues with my pregnancy as of yet, (although I wouldnt know because I have been trying to get my blood test results for almost 2 weeks and my ultra sound results since last thursday with no luck), but I am starting to lose confidence that if I had an issue that I could rely on thier practice to help me through it. I would love to hear positive feedback from other patients at this practice though, because I'm hoping i have just had bad luck so far and this isnt an indicator of what to expect over the next 8 months.  Sorry if thats not the positive feedback you were hoping to hear, but hopefully others will post with a better experience. - Tara

• Loading the player...
  • I've seen Dr. Tirado since I was 18 and I think she's wonderful!  I haven't met any of the other doctors there but I'll see Seeney next week.  I don't have a lot of information for you because this is my first, but so far the service I've gotten is great.  Hopefully it will continue to be so.  Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IMG_5000 edit
  • I used to be a patient of the practice and left only for insurance reasons. I never saw Dr. Tirado but have heard great things. I started seeing Dr. Kuroki when I was 17, and she is wonderful! I was also a patient of Marie Eisner-Oakes who is a Nurse Practioner and who I also loved. I know many people who go to this practice and have been very happy!
  • I am a patient of Dr. Kuroki's and I like her alot.   I LOVE Nurse Marie and she is usually who I see (b/c Kuroki is always booked solid).  However, I agree with the above post about communication. The phone system is annoying, as is making appointments, but they have always been prompt when returning my calls.  I have no kids yet, so I don't know how helpful I am with this :) 

For what it's worth, Riddle is supposed to have an excellent Birth Center.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been going to this practice since I was 22 and I love, love Marie. She is great. My assigned OB is Dr. Kuroki, but I have only met her once in the last eight months. I have also seen Dr. Issac and Dr. Seeny. They all seem very nice to me, but I agree it is tough when you see them soporadically. However, I just did my childbirth education classes last weekend and agree the birth center at Riddle is great.

Hope this helps:)

• I had 2 terrible experiences with this practice. (I had 2 misses before this pregnancy). I believe it was mostly the fault of Dr. Seeney, who seemed like a wonderful Dr. but I could go on and on about all the terrible misleading things that happened as her patient..I believe she has switched out of that practice. The office as a whole was ok, I thought the staff was kind of catty when they got busy. I was miscarrying and told to come in. I told the staff that the doc told me to come in and they were very rude (on a very emotional day for me and my husband) and we waited 45 min (sitting in a chair miscarrying). Terrible experiences! I'm now 26 wks pregnant and going to HUP with wonderful stories of going there! I go to the office in Radnor for check ups, but will deliver in the city. Hope this helps!!
  • Dr. Tirado delivered my son and Dr. Isaac delivered my daughter.  I switched to Riddle OB/GYN from Granite Run OB/GYN Assoc. and I couldn't be happier.  Dr. Tirado is my regular ob/gyn doctor, but I've been seen by all the doctors in the practice and like every one of them.     

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Dr. Tirado is my gyn/ob and I have been seeing her probably close to 10 years now.  I really like her a lot, and the other doctors (I've met them all) seem nice as well.  The practice as a whole, I could take it or leave it.  You definitely feel like a number and not a patient.  The one time I did call with a concern they did get back to me in a promptly matter.  I feel that they don't really give you any info unless you ask for it.  The first time I had a BFP (which ended in m/c) I got a huge bag of samples and stuff at my first visit.  The second time I got a BFP I got nothing at my first appointment...I'm guessing they figured I still had the stuff from the first time???  I dunno.  When I was getting later in my pregnancy I had to ask THEM about signing up for childbirth classes....you would think that is something they would tell me!  I just felt like I had to really pull information out of them and it was such a nerve wracking time with it being my first full term pregnancy. 

Delivering at the Birthplace was great and the nurses were so wonderful.  Dr. Seeney was the doctor on rotation who delivered my baby.  She was nice enough but she kept telling me I had to push like I wasn't doing my job and that frustrated me.  I pushed for 4 hours.  When all was said and done my mom said something to her about me pushing for so long (like along the lines of me being a trooper) and Dr. Seeney said something back like "well it wasn't a full four hours" or something snarky like that.  

I just remember it seemed like the placenta and sewing me up (I have no idea how bad I tore and I know they had to cut me) took as long as giving birth.  It hurt too, like the area wasn't numb enough.  I complained that it hurt but felt like my complaint was ignored.

I like going there because all my other doctors are at Riddle so it makes it easy.  I really liked the nurses at the Birth Place.  As far as the practice goes it's really average and I can't enthusisatically recommend it, but it's good enough to get the job done.

BFP#1=1/17/08 Missed m/c: 3/19/08@ 12 w D&C 3/21/08 BFP #2=8/5/08 She arrived 4/16/09! image BFP#3 7/9/11 EDD:3/16/11 Logan Patrick born sleeping on 3/20/11 image
  • When I first moved to the area 3 years ago I went to Dr. Seeney but didn't get a good 'warm fuzzy' from her or the practice in general. She just didn't have great bedside manner to me.  So I switched to Physicians for Women at Brinton Lake, which I loved, especially Dr. Powell. I switched partly because Crozier is a better hospital for babies than Riddle, even though it's not in as nice an area. 

Now that I'm pregnant I'm using the midwives at the Bryn Mawr Birth Center and will probably switch my well care to them also-- they're awesome.  Totally worth the drive. Very personal, friendly and responsive staff and I've never had to wait for my appointment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"