Infertility
Options

Feeling sad

I just found out that my cousin is pregnant after just a few months of trying.  I am trying to be happy for them, but I am so sad inside.  I don't think I am emotionally stable enough to handle family get-togethers (we have a big family) where the focus will all be on her and her baby and pregnancy, etc.  Nobody in the family (except my parents) know what we are going through.  This is so hard :(
TTC with unexplained IF since 8/2007 6 losses, one beautiful perfect boy in our arms Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Feeling sad

• Options
    (((HUGS))) I am in the same boat, my cousin is PG with her second and nobody but my dad knows about our struggles.  I just avoid the get togethers but thats just me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    it IS hard. I'm so sorry. I guess all you can do is do your best. ((Hugs))
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  It is so hard when someone announces their pregnancy especially only after a couple months of trying.  Hang in there!  ((hugs))
  • Options
    i'm so sorry.  IF is so hard and unfair.
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to try to be happy for the people you care about when you are so sad for yourself. Take care of yourself tonight. (((((hugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    06hoky06hoky member
    I understand how you feel.  One of my cousins announced her pregnancy at our family reunion this month.  Of course everyone was immediately doting on her.  I had to make sure to keep my distance so I didn't get wrapped up in it.  It hurt really bad.  Then my BFF told me she was pregnant again and they weren't even trying.  Sometimes life just sucks.
    image Started TTC 11/07 BFP 09/24/08 Miscarriage 09/30/08 First cycle of clomid August 09 Second cycle of clomid September 09 BFP 09/30/09 Miscarriage 10/10/09 Three more rounds of clomid and no success Diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility Abnormal Bleeding for 3 months resulted in D&C but results were normal November 2010 100mg clomid but didn't respond December 2010 forced break for a cyst February 2011 150mg clomid but still no response March 2011 250mg clomid and responded! Ovidrel trigger shot and IUI on March 31 Beta #1 11dpo: 27 Beta #2 15dpo: 85 Beta #3 18dpo 276 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ::hugs::  so sorry - IF sucks.  I recently had a similar vent to DH and he told me that soon it will be our turn for everyone to swoon over us and our growing belly. At the time I wanted to punch him in the face - but now it gives me hope.  I know how hard it can be. . .i often feel like chopped meat compared to my SIL/BIL ever since they were pg with no1 and are now 19wks w. no2.  But hopfully soon, we'll all have our BFP and our families can dote on us!
    S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • Options
    I am sorry you are hurting so much.  ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))).
  • Options
    you need to take care of yourself, so if you don't think you can take it, don't go. it is hard enough to deal w/what we are dealing with, so i wouldn't go into a situation i know would discourage me. you need positive reinforcement.
    "A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I know how you feel. We found out my SIL is pregnant in March.... She's younger than us, not married, and so not ready for a baby. To top it off, she's due around our b-days. I've felt a lot of anger about the whole situation. I hope I'll come around to it, but we'll see. She lives in a different state so I don't know how often we'll see her and the baby, that may help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"