Washington Babies
Options

Dumb monitor question

So we have this monitor...

if I buy the same for DC#2 room will they interfere with one another?   Or do I just buy the extra camera and switch back and forth between channels? 

Re: Dumb monitor question

• Options

That's not a dumb question!  I've been wondering about mulitple monitors myself!  I have no idea, but I too am curious about interference with more than 1.

We still use a monitor for Miss A and still need to get one for the baby's room too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not a dumb question at all! I would guess they would interfere if on the same channel, but on different channels should be fine?
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have 2 video monitors.  The plan is to put one on channel A and one on channel B.  We haven't tested it out yet, so I'm not sure about interference.  We got 2 monitors because I wanted to watch both rooms at once, without flipping back and forth constantly.

I took one of the monitors to my parents' house and accidently left it there, so I can't test it out until my mom comes up to visit when the baby comes.  Remind me when I have the baby and I'll let you know if there's any interference.

• Options

DH went through this with me when we were in shopping for a new one.  You can't share the monitor and switch back and forth, you have to buy an entirely seperate system and have it on a different frequency than the one you use for Gage.  I didn't really understand (or care) of the exact reason but it was a big ol' no. HTH! lol

• Options
    LoL Thanks Kim!! 
  • Options
    imagepixelvixen:

DH went through this with me when we were in shopping for a new one.  You can't share the monitor and switch back and forth, you have to buy an entirely seperate system and have it on a different frequency than the one you use for Gage.  I didn't really understand (or care) of the exact reason but it was a big ol' no. HTH! lol

Andy is such a guy's guy!  You are so lucky Kim. He answers technical questions and builds stuff...even houses. He's like Macguyver!  My husband is SO not handy and outsources most things. If I had Ashley's question, My hubs would have no clue. Glad Andy is around to help us with less than handy husbands. :-)

• Options
    We registered for that same monitor.  I'm assuming that if you're getting another one for baby #2 you like it...right?  Is the screen large enough or do you wish you had the mini-tv version?  Thanks for the feedback!!
  • Options

we have that monitor and love it. I would personally NOT like the mini TV version.  Because I bring the monitor downstairs, around the house, etc...  so the TV wouldnt' be useful.

I think you could do it and switch back and forth between a and B, but in practice, how would it work?  You wouldn't be able to hear both of them in the midle of the night. You'd have to keep switching back and forth.

I'm trying to figure out what to do myself.  I'm thinking maybe I can part with the monitor with Ben by the time baby 2 is in his own room.  Maybe?  I don't know.  I love watching Ben in that thing.  :)

• Options

imageJeffieAnne:
    We registered for that same monitor.  I'm assuming that if you're getting another one for baby #2 you like it...right?  Is the screen large enough or do you wish you had the mini-tv version?  Thanks for the feedback!!

Yes!!  We love it!  I would def get the portable one instead of the mini tv.  I'll give it to DH out in the garage if I'm leaving or take it downstairs after we've put him to bed for the night.  When he was a newborn we put it on the post of his bed and it was so close you could see him breathing.  LOVE it!!  

• Options
    imageAshleyKimberlyn:

Yes!!  We love it!  I would def get the portable one instead of the mini tv.  I'll give it to DH out in the garage if I'm leaving or take it downstairs after we've put him to bed for the night.  When he was a newborn we put it on the post of his bed and it was so close you could see him breathing.  LOVE it!!  

Thanks so much!  I'm so glad...especially because the other one was like $100 more! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"