Northern California Babies
Options

I need to stop reading all of the BFing posts

They are depressing me- I'm sitting here tearing up. I'm having a terrible time- my hormones have gone insane, my period started about 3mo PP, and my supply has gone from consistently pumping at least 3 oz to being lucky if I can pump 1 oz total. Needless to say, I am supplementing. I'm still hanging on, but it's really hard and often feels worthless.

I DON"T want any advice. I've tried it all. I just needed to vent. If you care to reply, only sympathetic posts, please. Sad

Re: I need to stop reading all of the BFing posts

• Options

((hugs)) I can sympathize with the period part and that alone SUCKS! Looks like youve got a beautiful healthy girl - and thats all that matters!! Keep up the good work!

• Options
    I was reading your post, feeling a little sad and sympathetic for you - and then I saw your siggy and I just broke out in a huge smile. What a cutie!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

:::HUGS:::

I can relate to having to supplement. Bfeeding my last was really hard for me (having to go back to work, pump, etc). I was really down on myself.

Taya 9.20.05 * Marlena 10.4.07 * Armando 11.3.93
  • Options

(((HUGS))) to you.

When I hear stories like yours, I like to think about how fortunate we are to live in a time and place where our babies will not just survive, but THRIVE even if we can't or choose not to BF. You're a wonderful mother! Look at how adorable and happy Isabel is. That's a direct reflection on YOU!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ((Big Hugs))  You're doing a fantastic job and are doing what's right for you and your LO.
  • Options

(((hugs)))  The most important thing I can say is it is OK if you can't BF.   It's ok if you supplement. DON'T beat yourself up about it.  There is nothing wrong with supplementing, not being able to, stopping because you want to, or not BF at all.  It's so hard I think because of the pressure we moms feel from society.  And the mom guilt, ugh.

Don't feel worthless.  You are doing what is right for you and your baby, no matter what anyone else may think.  I think this has been the biggest thing I've learned so far, that basically I have to think "don't listen to society and everyone else, I'm doing what's best for me, my family, and baby."  Easier said than done!  I'm still trying to learn and follow this.

Just look at the picture in your siggy and smile because your DD is rooting for you (it always looks like she is saying "Yay!" to me) :)  (((hugs))) again.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My supply always tanks when my period comes, it is so stressful and depressing but it does rebound with ovulation, hopefully yours will too. My BIGGEST sympathies over it being so hard for you right now. BFing is so challanging, and yet it is suposed to be 'natural' and easy. Believe me I have been there with reverse cycling and mastitis twice. I try to keep in mind that suplementation isn't the end of the world and some breastmilk is better than none when my supply drops. ((((((BIG HUGS))))))
  • Options

Huuuuuuuuuuuge hugs!!

Ditto the pps. Your siggy ALWAYS makes me smile. You are clearly doing a very good job and have one adorable, happy little girl to show for it!!

• Options
    (((HUGS)))) I always say I was formula fed and I turned out okay. I support breastfeeding but I think we put too much emphasis on it as reflecting success in mothering. Please don't worry about it so much, I really admire all of you, and your baby is darling!!!
  • Options

I just wanted to offer up ((hugs)). You're doing a great job, your daughter is beyond adorable and thriving! 

((hugs)) 

• Options

((big bear hugs))

I completely feel ya sister.  I had to supplement with C, my period came back full force 5m PP, and pumping made me sob.  But now, seeing C be the healthy bull in the china shop that he is, I know that I did the best I could and he's perfectly perfect.  

And your daughter is a doll!!! Your siggy always makes me go "Yay!" :) 

• Options
    I hate pumping with a passion.  Big hugs, it's not easy.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that with Emmy at 4-5 months I was supplementing and by 6 months I could barely get an ounce as well so I stopped even trying.  Hugs to you, I've been there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"