Snarky and T-TTC

they threw wedding etiquette out the window

Got an invite to my cousin's wedding in September yesterday. His future wife is a crazy hippie, so I'm surprised they're even getting married in the first place. Anyhow, they're getting married in buttfukc nowhere Maine, where the closest hotel is 45 minutes away. AND, the wedding is a potluck. the invitation came complete with instructions on what to bring and how much to bring. Since pretty much everyone has to travel at least 5 hrs to get there, I'm not sure how that will work out (and the place has no kitchen/refrigeration/stove). Since we're now 14 hrs away from there, we're going to have to pass. That's too bad as I'm sure there'd be some fun stories from the potluck hippie wedding in northern Maine.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: they threw wedding etiquette out the window

• lame!

What is it about hippies in Maine?

• one more thing about the 'instructions'- they wrote that for those who are flying in, to bring a bottle of wine or two to share. And to make sure it's organic and/or local. mmm, Maine wine.

• Loading the player...
  • Hmm

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • imageQCinOct:

one more thing about the 'instructions'- they wrote that for those who are flying in, to bring a bottle of wine or two to share. And to make sure it's organic and/or local. mmm, Maine wine.

lol,  I didn't know Maine

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageQCinOct:

one more thing about the 'instructions'- they wrote that for those who are flying in, to bring a bottle of wine or two to share. And to make sure it's organic and/or local. mmm, Maine wine.

lol,  I didn't know Maine

made a
  • imageQCinOct:

lol,  I didn't know Maine made any wine.  If you want to dictate what people eat and drink at your wedding you need to provide it yourself

• I've yet to taste an organic wine that is any good.

• That sounds interesting.  Hope someone shares some of the wedding pics with you.  Those might be worth seeing.  And I hope no one gets food poisoning from the lack of refrigeration, etc. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • imageStacy-09/23/06:
    That sounds interesting.  Hope someone shares some of the wedding pics with you.  Those might be worth seeing.  And I hope no one gets food poisoning from the lack of refrigeration, etc. 

no kidding eh? My parents are going so they'll be in charge of taking pictures

• LTF525LTF525 member
    OMG. That would be an interesting one to attend.
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • imageSerendipitie:
    that is one of my favorite episodes from all time, i was just talking about it at lunch today, swear to god! i went to ucsb and we had our fair share of hippies and i was very politically active then and witnessed many spontaneous drum circles.

that sucks about the maine wedding and confusing. so as soon as you arrive to your hotel you have to go hunt for organic maine wine to bring to the wedding?

i'm not anti-hippie (just anti-drum circle) or organic, but this seems kind of crazy.

• My favorite line (but I couldn't find the clip): "They say they want to save the earth but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad." LOL

I'm not anti hippie, but the hippie movement was over 30 years ago. I think we have evolved enough to be able to embrace the ideas and beliefs without the pot smoking and patchouli

• imageSerendipitie:

I'm not anti hippie, but the hippie movement was over 30 years ago.

I agree. and I'm all about being environmentally friendly and choosing organic and such. And I've had some hippie friends throw fun weddings where food and drink was provided (even if it was vegan sometimes)

• imagemandybr:
    I would do everything in my power to attend that weeding (typo but seems appropriate so I'm keeping it).

I know, but I don't think I can justify driving 14+ hrs one way to go to it. And my H, upon hearing that it was potluck, said no way in he|| would he go. I just want to go to gawk.

• imagemandybr:
    I would do everything in my power to attend that weeding (typo but seems appropriate so I'm keeping it).
    Five stars
  • Well it certainly sounds like it is going to be an interesting time.  Hopefully your parents will have good pictures and stories  :-)
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I got an invite to a wedding like that once. There was even a request, in purple glitter gel pen on the back flap of the envelope, for all guests to avoid scented products including deodorants, perfumes, and shampoos/body washes.

Oh, and it was an outdoor, red-white-and-blue 4th of July wedding in the central valley of California. Stinky hippies indeed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageQCinOct:

mmm, Maine wine.

WTF? Is the wine made from blueberries? Ick!

And, yeah, there are a lot of hippies from Maine. I seriously think at least 75% of my HS class smoked pot on a regular basis, and it was "cool" to brag about how long it had been since you washed your hair, and so many of my classmates decided to follow Phish around the country instead of going to college after HS.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I forsee many people with severe food poisioning...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"